Sorry, Please Love Me: WenHun (4)

Author's POV

Five years later, Wendy successfully graduates from college as a business major, ready to facilitate her father's company as the new CEO. Although thoughts and worries about Sehun have clouded her mind, she fought them and aimed toward her goal. The same process applies to Sehun, except he has not yet found his dream. 

And some of his feelings for Wendy are lingering in his heart. But what can he do now? Wendy's gone. She stopped reading his text messages, and completely removed him out of her life. Sehun is hurt that she easily forgot about him. 

He decides to go to his high school reunion. Perhaps he'll see Wendy. He hopes to, at least. 

Sehun's POV

I don't see her. Is she still in Canada? 

I miss her so, so much. These past years have been agonizing: To not be able to contact Wendy at all and share more memories. High school and college was supposed to be a great experience for me, being able to grow as young adults with her. But I lost her. 

I don't even know what to choose for my career. These are the types of deep discussions I would have with Wendy. She always knew what to say. She was my life mentor, my navigation system, and my first love. I never realized how I felt about her until she left. How dense I was. I would give anything just to repeat the past, fix my mistakes, realize my true feelings, and repair the damage. 

Only, I can't. And I'm learning it the hard way.  

I scan the room. No Wendy in sight. It was worth a try. 

My peers talk amongst themselves. I'm not listening. I only want to hear about Wendy. Better yet, I want to hear her voice. Her melodious and soft voice. 

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Seulgi. 

"You're looking for Wendy, I presume." 

"Yeah," I reply, hopeless. 

"She's back in Korea, you know." 

What? 

I shake my head. "You're lying to me, aren't you, Seulgi?" 

"Sehun, I've established this before. I'm not lying when I tell you news about Wendy!" 

"Well, where is she, then?"

"I've heard she is currently the new CEO of her father's company."

I shake her; I'm beyond astonished. "What's the company's name?" I ask urgently. 

I need to know. 

She contemplates the name, and suddenly the company pops into her mind. "Samsung Electronics: Suwon!" 

"I'll head over there tomorrow."

"Good luck, Sehun."

"Thanks, Seulgi. I don't know what I would've done without your helpful information." 

"Anything to help you out. I still consider you as Wendy's best friend, and I'm sure she does, too. She always talked about you pleasantly and cheerfully. I've secretly shipped you guys." 

I grin. It feels nice having some assurance that Wendy and I are still close in the eyes of others. It feel even better knowing that we can be viewed as a couple. 

I squeeze her shoulder and bid her goodbye as I leave the premise. I need to thoroughly constitute a plan; I don't want to show up unprepared. I also need to rest. 

Author's POV 

The following day he steps in front of the building as nervous as can be. Despite deciding on planning his motive, he had an obstacle: he knocked out once he laid on his bed. So much for a thorough plan, but at the very least he got his rest. 

However he is still unprepared. Taking a deep breath, he steps into the building and walks over to the receptionist. He requests to see Wendy. 

"Do you have an appointment?" she inquires. 

"No, but could you tell her I'm waiting? We went to high school together and were very close. My name is Oh Sehun."

She reluctantly agrees and notifies Wendy. They speak quietly about the matter and not before long the receptionist tells Sehun, "You can meet her now, Mr. Oh. These men will escort you." 

He sighs in relief. "Thank you so much." 

Following the men walking toward the elevator, he examines the place in awe. 

Wendy is the truly the best. 

The men lead Sehun to Wendy's office, and as soon as they look into each other's eyes, all the feelings and memories rush back into their minds.  

Wendy was convinced her longtime crush ended years ago, but one glance at Sehun's face had her thinking otherwise. As for Sehun, his feelings grew stronger. Seeing her face again reinforced it. 

She smiles imperceptibly. "Hi, Sehun, it's been a long time." 

"Wendy, I-I ..." 

"Hm?" she muses. 

"I love you." 

He renders her speechless and shocked with that statement. 

"And I want to marry you." 

"Sehun, now is not-"

"Hear me out, please." 

She nods her head. "All right."

"I don't want to get married now. In the future I do, with you. I know we haven't been on the best of terms for the past few years, so I think we should catch up. I missed you." 

Tears stream down from Wendy's eyes. "I missed you, too, Sehun. I'm sorry I blocked you out of my life." 

Sehun glides to her, holding her dearly and wiping her tears. "Don't be sorry. I'm sorry for not realizing my feelings and considering yours." 

"It doesn't matter now. What matters is that we're here together now. I'm staying in Korea."

"Are we still best friends?" 

Wendy ponders this. "I think we're a couple now," she teases, sticking her tongue out. 

"So this is our day one?" He smirks. 

"I believe so." 

"Fine by me," he says, pulling her lips to his.