Chapter Eight~Sailing Seas

I was tugged along by Sebastian onto the ship. I admired the ship, my eyes bulging out of my head. Sebastian noticed and started to laugh. "I know she's a beaut," he said looking at me. I blushed and looked down at my feet. I need to control my emotions. I continued to follow him like the obedient dog I was.

I was lead down some stairs into a somewhat dungeon. It was dark. I waited for my eyes to adjust and look around. Then I saw him.

There was Reth chained to a wall. I started to run towards him. Forgetting about my hands being tied up until Sebastian tugged on the rope. Causing me to stumble. I landed on my hands and knees. I felt pain, but it wasn't mine.

I could feel it radiating off of Reth. It brought tears to my eyes. Sebastian tied me off to the other side of the room. He soon left.

"Reth," I whispered. He looked up and smiled.

"How's it going?" he said sarcastically; causing me to roll my eyes.

"Reth, what did they do to you?"

"What did he do to you?" He asked me instead of answering my question.

"Nothing, I broke his nose."

He laughed, "I knew you'd be ok."

"Now, what happened to you," I asked again.

"Oh nothing. Sebastian thinks he can beat everything out of me. There's no way I'd tell him all of it." He made a small sound in his throat that sounded like he wanted to laugh, but couldn't. "I'm sorry I got you into this." he said with an apologetic look. I wanted to go over to him and assure him that it wasn't his fault, but I had to do it from here instead.

"It's not your fault. It just happened, this isn't something you can forsee." I said softly.

He looked down. "I know."

Haley popped into the conversation, "He still thinks it's his fault you know. You've got to try a bit harder than that."

She was really beginning to get on my nerves. "I know that, Haley."

Reth looked at me like I was crazy, maybe I was. "Who are you talking too."

I glared at Haley. She smiled and turned into her pile of flowers. I watched her blue petals float away out the window. I think this is the beginning of a very long friendship. "No one."

...

It has been a week or so. Sebastian sends down a crewmember once and awhile to check on us, and give us food and water. The "dungeon" wasn't well kept, the cuts on my arms oozed with infection. I had decided not to tell Reth. He was too stressed as it was. My head felt that it would explode and I was shivering. Haley told me I wasn't looking good. She thinks I'm really sick. Which I believe, I feel like I went through hell and back.

"You look very pale. Are you ok?" Reth asked me. I haven't heard his voice in a while. We don't talk much when we are down here.

"I don't feel well." I struggled to talk.

"Why didn't you tell me? An infection could kill you!"

I was too tired to talk any longer. Reth looked at me with an anxious look and called to the crew member that stood outside the dungeon door. A man emerged on the steps, "Why are you calling me?"

"I need to talk to Sebastian. Go get him," Reth replied to him.

"Do you really think I'm going to listen to you?"

"We were once friends, Greg." Reth said looking Greg straight in the eyes.

"Once we were," the man looked down, not meeting Reths gaze, "but that was before you left us."