Chapter Fifteen~ An Eerie Darkness

I almost dropped my glass. Reth grabbed my arm."We better leave." he whispered in my ear.

"Sengen." I said gesturing to him. He looked at the girl and said goodbye. Sengen flew to Reth and settled himself on his shoulder. "Lets go," I said looking to Reth.

Reth grabbed hold of my hand and we set off at a fast pace. I knew my way around the palace it was set up as every palace the King and Queen ever owned. I lead Reth to a door that I knew would the library. I also knew that it had a doorway leading to the courtyard, which lead to the gates.

I opened the door and walked through. I felt Reth's hand slide from mine. I turned around to look at him, wondering why he stopped.

I didn't see Reth when I turned. It was Raymond. "Leaving so soon Annabelle?"

"I just need to get some fresh air," I said, holding my ground. He walked towards me threatenly. I've never felt afraid of Raymond, but something about him now makes me change my mind. He was different, so much different.

"What happened to that man you were with?"

"I don't know where he went." I replied to him calmly.

"Oh," he said and took a step closer to me.

I took a step back, "Why are you here and not in the ballroom with your guest?"

"I also need some fresh air." he said taking another step towards me.

I backed up a few more steps, putting a longer distance between us.

"My my, Annabelle, what a woman you've become," he said. His eyes traveled my body.

"I have grown taller since the last time you've seen me," I said. My voice shaking.

He took a few more steps towards me. I took one back, but I couldn't go anymore. I was up against a bookshelf. I could feel his breath on my neck, as he got closer to me.

His arms caged me in. "Yes, you've grown so much," He said looking at my chest.

I gasped and pushed him away from me. "What has gotten into you!?"

He pushed me up against the shelf with his body, and held my hands above my head. "You're so beautiful," he smiled down at me. My knees gave out, but he caught me with his free arm. He leaned down his lips right next to mine. "Your even more beautiful when you are helpless." he said with a laugh. His lips touched my collarbone. They trailed up to my lips. He sighed and pulled me closer to him. He took a deep breath, his eyes opening slowly, they looked like they shifted in color to a green. I've been seeing that sort of thing a lot lately. My eyes must be playing tricks on me after that situation with Reth. I'm afraid of those eyes. "You will not say anything about this to anyone."

"How will you stop me Raymond," I asked him.

He laughed, "I will punish you, if anyone hears of this."

His eyes moved back to my lips. As he crushed his lips to mine he let go of my hands. I pushed on his chest with full force, but it didn't seem to do anything. He didn't even more an inch. He parted my lips. I felt his tongue slip through. He held my waist against him and pushed me into the bookshelf even more. I would've cried out, but my mouth was trapped by Raymonds. The kiss was dark and fierce. So dark that I felt consumed by darkness. It filled every inch of me, turning my mind blank and my body numb.

He finally let go of me. The darkness left as fast as it came. I couldn't have imagined that, could I? I fell to the floor, shivering.. I stared up at him my hands over my mouth. "You are a monster."

He grabbed my chin and stroked my cheek with his thumb, "I will keep you here until your mother comes and retrieves you."

"I will be glad to leave," I spat at him.

His grip tightened, "Maybe I'll tell them you are not here. That you escaped with that man and your back on a ship."

"You wouldn't dare," I snapped.

"Be careful what you say to me, Annabelle," he whispered. His lips brushed against my ear,"Be a good girl and I'll let you go."

"What would Clara think of this?" I asked him, my voice wavering.

"She will not know, she doesn't really care what I do, nor will anyone else," he said, "and if you ever say anything about this. I will know. I have people that will watch your every move. You will move about the castle freely, and I will give you a room to stay in."

"Where is Reth?"

"Ah Reth," his eyes looked distant as if remembering something, "He was taken away. I gave my guards the order to take him down to the dungeon," he said looking back at me, "One more thing. If I do find out you said something, I will charge him with piracy."I gasped. A charge punishable by death. He laughed and let go of my chin. "Guards take Annabelle to her room," he said looking down at me, "and if she does not comply, you know what to do." He walked out the door.

Two guards replaced him.

"My Lady," one of the guards held out his hand to me. I didn't take it. I pushed myself up and walked passed them. The King was on his throne holding the hand of the Queen. It made me sick that he would violate me and act like it never happened. Clara looked at me, she looked almost sad. I looked down at the floor and continued to move with the guards.

I wasn't surprised to see that my room was right next to the Kings. The princess suite. My stomach fell. I knew that there was a door leading to Raymond's room. That could only be locked and unlocked from his side. "I'm not a princess you can't put me in there," I said calmly.

"The King has requested that you stay in this room," said one of the guards. I started to back up. The guard placed his hand on my shoulder. He slightly pushed me forward. I swallowed my fear and placed my hand on the door handle.

I walked in and switched on the light. The bed was a queen size, the blankets were a dusty pink. The walls were painted white, and the floors were a light brown colored wood. I looked at the pictures, but movement caught my eyes. There was a cage and inside of the cage was Sengen. Sengen had his head down in sleep. The guards closed the door. The lock clicked into place.

I walked to the window and pulled back the curtains. I pushed up on the window as hard as I could. It didn't budge. I noticed something shining outside of the window. There were two nails holding the window to the side of the wall. No chance of escape. I walked over to the cage that held Sengen. He was fast asleep. I opened the cage and scooped him up. He stirred, but didn't wake up. I held him against my chest and sat on the bed.

It was around nine o'clock when Sengen woke from his deep, probably induced, sleep. "Annie where are we?"

"The princess suite," I replied. My chin resting on my hand.

"Where's Reth," he asked looking around. Tears sprung to my eyes and I gritted my teeth.
Sengen looked startled. He placed his wing on me, "What happened Annie?"

I told him about why we were in this room. He was angry at first, but he came to his senses and comforted me. "Don't worry Annie if he ever comes here I'll hurt him as much as I can," he said.

I laughed through my tears, " I know you will."

I fell asleep with Sengen by my side.