Chapter Thirty-One~ A Portal to Hell

I gasped. "That only works when I am oblivious. Last time I was distracted."

"Let go of me." I demanded.

"Or what?"

I accept the challenge. I took the chance to throw him across the room, but I forgot one little thing. His grip on my arm. I was pulled with as my mind reeled for a solution. I closed my eyes and thought hard. An idea came through the cluster of solutions. A thought that showed me and Damion stopping in mid-air. I allowed it to pass.

I popped one eye opened after everything stopped moving. Damion stared at me with surprise. Then I realized that his arms were wrapped around me. He was holding me to him. As if to protect me. I gasped and unfroze us. When we hit the ground I scrambled away from him. Damion stared at me like I was a hurt animal. I forced my breathing to slow down.

Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Reth was one of those happy thoughts. I needed to do this to get back to him, "Fine, I'll go with you."

A laugh burst from him. "Good." Without anything else Damion walked out of the room with an annoying smug smile lingering on his lips. I stood there shaken. Staring after him.

Then my eyes wandered to Samantha. She stood frozen. She looked like she was ready to run towards the bed. Without another thought I let her unfreeze with the weapon of my mind.

"Goodness, Girl," She shouted after a moment of confusion. "Don't upset him like that!"

I let her pick out an outfit for me. I sat on the bed with my legs crossed watching as she pulled garment after garment out of the wardrobe. At last she pulled out a green dress that faded to a light blue at the bottom. I took it from her and began to go to the bathroom for privacy.

Samantha stopped me, "You'll need a little more than just a dress." With that Samantha took out a uniform that looked a lot like my practice outfit but more armored. "This is a battle suit. You'll wear it when you go out of the palace."

I opened my mouth to argue. It looked really heavy. However, I snapped it shut when she gave me a look. I went into the bathroom and pulled on the battle suit. When I walked out, Samantha was holding a weapons belt. I gave her a questioning look but was returned an unfriendly one. I put my hands up in defense and allowed her to strap it on.

The dress was a team effort, but it fit perfectly enough that the battle suit didn't show. Samantha backed up, "Good, but it is missing one thing." She scurried off into the hallway and returned with a pistol. "You probably won't need this, but it's good to have."

I gasped as I realized what it was. It was the dagger that I had taken from my fathers study all those years ago. I always wondered where it went. I took it from her. I looked at her accusingly, "Where did you get this?"

"It's been here for years. I know there are only two in existence. Why?"

"My father, well not my father, he had one. I don't know what happened to it."

"Well it does change. It could have changed forms, so you couldn't recognize it. Just think about what you want it to be while you hold it." I looked down at it. It's not that I didn't believe her. It's just-- how does a dagger change? I thought hard while I held it. Then dagger began to manipulate itself. Forming into the perfect gun. The weight was perfect and the grip matched my fingers. I nodded. She held up a holster, "You'll need this for that. There's a spot for a gun and a knife." She leaned down and strapped the holster onto my thigh. It was hidden under the folds of my dress. I slid the gun into it.

"If you can think it; you can turn that weapon into anything."

After a few more precautionary knives were strapped to my person, Samantha led me to a room. She tensed as she opened the door.

Damion stood in the middle of the room. This room wasn't vacant furniture wise. It was furnished like a regular bedroom. Although it was dark and gloomy, and this wasn't the king's bedchamber. Damions voice brought me back to reality, "Are you ready?" He held his hand out to me.

I took it hesitantly, "Of course."

Damion stared at the wall. He focused on one spot; his eyes could have burned a hole through the wall paper. A terrible sound, almost like a high pitched scream, spread through the bedchamber as the wall in front of us seemed to tear apart. As the wall was torn apart a swirling color of red took its place.

The unnerving sounds of screams howled from inside. I stepped back so that Damian's body hid mine. He glanced back with a laugh. "Your the princess of the underworld. They aren't going to hurt you."

"They?"

"You'll see."

He walked towards the hole in the wall. Pulling me with him. "What is it?"

He looked back at me in surprise, "It's a portal. You'll be a bit uneasy since it's your first time." I looked into the portal silently. "Don't worry." His voice was gentle, "I'll hold onto you."

He picked me up before I could answer. Then we were in the portal and rocketing through to a place I can only assume would be hell.