Chapter Forty-Five~ The Power of Healing

I wasn't "alone" for a long time. A knock sounded at my door. It was a quiet knock. I almost couldn't hear it. "Come in."

A short, plump woman walked in trailed by a girl whose arms were filled with fabrics of many colors. Haley sat up on the bed by her elbows, "What does this lady want?" I shrugged, "Oh look a child!" Haley got up and swarmed the child, who of course could not see her yet. Haley flicked through the different fabrics. Almost scaring the girl half to death when the fabrics flew up.

The woman talked quickly, "We are here to discuss your wedding apparel."

"Oh." Disappointment dripped from my voice. Haley looked over to me with a sad look.

The woman's harsh gaze softened a little. It looked almost as if pain flashed in her eyes, but only for a moment. "Do you have a design in mind?"

"I don't have any ideas for this in my mind, I don't want to think about it."

Haley walked over to me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. Reth will be here to save you from this mess. You just have to believe and be patient."

"I hope so." I muttered under my breath. The woman looked at me like I was crazy. I keep forgetting some people can't see Haley.

"Enough! We will make you the most beautiful bride in the realm." She reminded me so much of Samantha. My heart constricted at the thought. I missed her. Haley's hand squeezed my shoulder and she went back to the bed and crossed her legs.

"There aren't many girls to contend with here. If you haven't noticed."

"Oh stop that." She scuttled towards me and took my arms, "Now. Up,up,up." she pulled me off of the bed. A small smile slipped through my mask. Her face lit up lightly at that. She reached her arms above her head, "Arms up." She was talking to me like a child, but I didn't mind. I did as she did.

"What's your name?"

"Scarlet."

"What's the little ones name?"

"Lana." I looked over at Lana. She was looking down towards her feet, but I assume she cannot see them because of the fabric. Scarlet looked at her too, the smile she forced for me falling. She looked away quickly and measured my waist. "She cannot talk. The new king cut out her tongue." Haley squeaked.

I gasped and pulled my arms away from Scarlet. A hand went to my aching heart, "What?"

"She was talking when she was not supposed too. He-he didn't- didn't even warn her."

"Please speak no more." I stopped her. I breathed in deeply, "Don't worry I will end your suffering. I will get revenge for you all."

"You're not talking about--"

"Yes."

"But that is treason!"

"There's no need to worry. He will not kill me. He needs me to get at the throne."

I turned as Haley walked up to Luna. The girl was completely oblivious to her presence, until she revealed herself. The girl jumped and scurried away from her. "Don't worry little one. I can help you." She went up to Luna and took the fabrics away from her. Scarlet and I watched as she took her hands and closed her eyes. She glowed brighter than she ever has before.

Blue petals appeared and spiraled around the two. Luna stared at Haley fearfully and Haley closed her eyes. Her feet were barely touching the ground.

All of a sudden she fell to her knees and the blue petals fell to the floor soundlessly. Haley smiled at the little girl, "You can talk now." Luna put her hand to her mouth, "Go ahead. Talk."

Luna opened her mouth, "What do you mean?" Scarlet slapped a hand over her mouth and Luna screeched, "I can talk! Mommy, I can talk!" She ran over to Scarlet. Scarlet picked her up and spun her around in circles.

I stood astonished. What happened to not having any energy? I looked over at her on my bed. She was extremely tired and sat down on the bed with her legs crossed a half smile gracing her lips.

Scarlet turned to Haley with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Thank you. Thank you for giving my girl the happy life she had before this mess."

"No problem. Glad I could help." Haley fell backwards and took a well-deserved nap.

Scarlet put Luna down, who ran over to Haley and promptly jumped on her. Haley woke with a start, "Oompfh! Hey calm down kid."

Scarlet turned me towards her. She was equipped with measuring tape and pins. She continued to take my measurements in silence. I glanced over at the girl a few times. She was twirling the fraying strings of the fabric around her fingers as she sat on Haley's lap.

After Scarlet was done she grabbed the rolls of fabric from Lana. She unrolled them and placed them on the bed. "Do you prefer a color?"

I looked at the selection of colors before me. There was a light blue that reminded me of the dress I wore to the ball with Reth. A pure white, that traditional brides wear. Then there was a deep red. I ran my hand over the soft red fabric.

This was the color. The color that would symbolize Damions blood, which would be spilled by me eventually, and if not me, by Reth. "This color will do."

"Anything else?"

"That's all. Just red."

Scarlet and Lana left without a word. I looked out my permanently shut window. Night had fallen sometime ago. The dark red of the sky sent chills down my spine. I was not ready for tomorrow. I began to fall into the bed face first. Haley scrambled to get out of my lien of fire and moved over just enough before I could fall on her. I breathed in the freshness of the blankets. "Reth. I need you." I said silently into them.

Sleep took my thoughts of Reth with it.

I woke up again in the white light. I sat up and looked around. Reth sat next to me. His head on his knees. His eyes were as hyponotizing as ever, "You called?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"Damion." Reth tensed at the name, "He means to marry me tomorrow."

Anger filled his eyes. Anger didn't look good on hi, "Don't worry we will be there soon."

"Please come quickly." I leaned over and placed a kiss on his lips. We sat there silently hand in hand.

The time went by too quickly. His hand faded in mine to fast.