Chapter Twenty-One~ The Best of The Best

The next morning a thin strip of sun was shining in my eyes. I fluttered them open groggily. I looked out the window. The sun wasn't hitting me from there. I rolled over and found myself staring at Reth. He was sitting in a chair with a mirror.

"Did you wake me up on purpose," I asked, throwing the covers over. He laughed and stood up from his chair. He stretched like he had been there all night, or he was just a cat at heart.

"I might have. It is morning you know."

I threw a pillow at him, which whacked him in the face. The pillow fell to the ground floor to reveal his frown. I laughed and he cracked a smile, "I love it when you laugh." He charged at me playfully. I screamed and threw another pillow at him. He dodged it and jumped on me. I wiggled under him.

I turned my face to avoid his kiss. A smile ghosted my lips. "You can have one when I'm changed. Now leave so I can change."

He snorted as he got off of me. He walked out of the door, but he popped his head back in, "You sure I can't watch?"

I gasped, "You pervert!" I threw the nearest pillow at him.

He laughed loudly. Shutting the door right before the pillow hit the wall next to him. He popped back in. I gave him an exaggerated sigh. "Wear something that allows you to move."

"Yea, yea."

He closed the door slowly never moving his face from the crack. I crossed my arms over my chest.

I ran up to the door and listened, once I heard the door click. Reth breathed loudly on the other side. "Are you by the door," I asked. The breathing stopped. "You're not fooling me," I said.

"What if I am," he asked on the other side of the door. I laughed. I tossed my light pink tunic to the side and replaced it with a grey tank top. I didn't care to change the pants. I grabbed the remaining sunflower seeds off of my desk and opened the door.

I quickly side stepped as Reth tumbled in and landed on his back, "Warn me next time won't you!" He rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't lean on my door. Try the frame next time." I stuck out my arm to him. He grabbed it, but instead of pulling himself up he pulled me down to him. The bag of sunflower seeds fell. Some scattering across the floor. My hands rested on Reth chest. One of Reths hands was holding onto my waist. The other in my hair. "Wow. How about you warn me next time you decide to do that."

"It was a speedy decision. Next time don't try to help me up," he said. His hand gently tracing my face. He sat up. Picking me up on placing me on his lap like I weighed nothing. He leaned towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I hugged him and tried not to think about what would've happened if we didn't get out of the palace. He squeezed me then pushed me off of his lap and stood up. He reached out his hand. I took it and pretended to pull on it. He acted like he was going to topple over. I giggled and allowed him to pull me up.

The crew was busy on the deck. Desmond and Matthias were adjusting the sails. Cam was half sleep walking to the rum. Dominic was up in the crows nest. The rest of the crew did their own thing unless told to do something else. I walked over to Will with Reth. Will noticed us and handed the wheel off to the closest person, which was Andy.

Andy was new. He joined the crew when we were at Paris docks. His eyes were full of adventure-- well until Will handed him the wheel. I looked around Will at Andy, he was now in full freak out mode, glancing around for help that he wasn't going to find. Will noticed me trying to look around him. He looked back at Andy, "He'll be fine, he'd have to do it at some point. Anyway, are you ready for your training," he asked smiling down at me.