Chapter Forty-Seven~ Betrayal

Then the wall shattered.

Parts of the wall blew apart. Pieces of glass flew towards me. I couldn't react fast enough. The glass shards cut into my skin. One cut deep into my arm. The crown in my hand went clattering to the ground. I put pressure on the wound quickly and fell to the floor.

The servants scrambled like ants. Damion jumped towards me and pressed my body into the floor with his own. His body covered mine to shield me from the next blow. A sound almost like a growl sounded in his throat. My breathing speed quickly; I was on the verge of hyperventilating. Damion looked down at me. He stroked a finger across my jaw. "You're going to be fine."

I nodded and looked around, but I couldn't see under Damions body. His wings must've come out while he was comforting me because they were covering the scene. I didn't even see him react from the pain.

A gasp sounded in Damions throat. He was looking at the deepest wound I had acquired from the glass. He placed a hand over it. Warmth spread through me once again. I pushed it away. "Save your strength. I will live."

"But--"

"Listen to me."

He nodded and tore a part of his shirt into strips and wrapped my arm tightly. I cried out when he tugged it tighter. "Shhh. I need it to be tight to stop the bleeding."

I tried to act strong, and allowed him to pull it tighter and tie it off. The sounds began to wither into nothing. Damion pulled his wings back and looked around. I did so too. He sat up and pulled me with him. He held me against his chest tightly.

Debris and smoke littered the ceremonial hall. I coughed as the smoke attacked my lungs. Damion held me protectively. A silhouette of a man came through the smoke.

A body that I was familiar with.

I covered my mouth to hide a gasp. Damion let out a growl and moved closer to me, "Who knew that bastard would ruin my wedding."

Reth came through the smoke holding his sword proudly. His gaze landed on me and didn't break until Damion's fingers curled around my arm. His eyes cut to Damion with a look that threw daggers. I looked to Reth. I'm sure he could see the fear in my eyes now. He took a careful step towards us.

Without warning, Damion drew a dagger from his sleeve and pulled me to his chest. He held my hands together behind me and touched the cold steel touched my throat. "Don't come any closer, or I will kill her." I didn't dare breath any harder than I was, otherwise the dagger would dig deeper than it already was. Blood trickled down my neck into the red collar of my wedding dress. Deeping the red into a darker shade. Does this mean he didn't trust me? Was his "love" all for show?

Haley popped in next to me and was ready to rip me away from Damion when he threw a force field around us. Haley went flying. "Who let a fairy into my kingdom?" My breath hitched and he leaned down towards me. His lips brushed against my ear, "Was it you, my dear Annabelle. I'll make you pay for it later." I gulped.

Reth stopped dead in his tracks. "Don't do anything rash, Damion." Damion gulped and pushed the dagger deeper into my neck. The blood trickled faster. I whimpered against the cold steel. This felt so familiar. "Don't hurt Annie over this."

"She is my queen. Can't you see that I've already won?"

"You haven't won her heart. I consider that a loss. Besides you are not a king. Also you are holding a knife to her throat. Which means you have not given your heart to her."

Damon faltered, but recovered quickly, "What do you mean? I have married the heir of the throne. Of course I am king. I could kill her if I wanted too." Haley was right. He was going to kill me after this.