Chapter Twenty~ Good News

We made our way up to the deck. Will waited for us. His hands on the wheel. " I was wondering if you two were ever going to come back," he said. A smirk curled his lips.

"Don't even think about it!" Reth whacked him on the back of the head.

"I'm not!" Reth raised his eyebrows. "I'm not! Seriously!"

I laughed at them and walked back over to my barrel. Duke bound up to me and nuzzled my hand. I leaned against my barrel and welcomed his attention. Sebastian finally came out of the captain's quarters. "Where have you been," he asked when he noticed us.

"You knew that we were here right?"

"How could I not with all the ruckus you all caused."

"Sorry about that. Was unintended."

"I bet."

"Well we've been stuck at the palace," I said. I gave him a brief story about what happened to us. He leaned against the rail.

"Well at least you guys had some fun," he grumbled, taking a swing of his flask. "We had to sit here and wait for you for a week."

I laughed, "we would've made it faster if we could."

"I know. That's what I kept telling the crew," he stood up, "That's why we waited."

I stood up to, "Thank you for waiting."

"Not a problem," he said bowing.

I looked over at Reth. He was smiling at me. I walked over to him. A fake scowl appearing on my face. "You told them didn't you?".

"What? Was I going to hide the fact that you are practically royal?"

"I'm nowhere near royal!" I batted at his arm.

"Whatever you say," he said kissing my forehead. He walked over to Will. I sat back down. Duke lying down next to me. I ran my hand down his back and leaned against the side of the ship.

I sat like this for a few more minutes. I closed my eyes and replayed what had happened in the last few hours. What would Raymond do to Savanna once he realized we were gone and she helped us? Would he even find out that she helped?

I felt someone looking at me. I opened my eyes and looked around. I caught Wills gaze. He didn't look away from me like I thought he would. Instead he handed the wheel off to Dominic. I watched him as he walked over and sat down next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Never been better," I replied. We said nothing for a while. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "What about you?"

"Same as always," he gave a quick answer. We sat in silence again. "So what are you going to do with the rest of your life? You can't run away from the King forever."

"I'll let it do its own thing," I said looking down at Duke. He was watching the crew members. I did the same. Greg was in the crows nest looking through a small telescope. Dominic was busy fighting the waves crashing into the side of the ship. Thomas was adjusting the sails to catch the wind. I noticed how the sails bellowed out once they caught it. I never realized how many sails this ship had.

"You could be an epic captain," Will said, surprising me, "With training I mean."

I laughed at the thought of me as a captain of my own ship. "Like I'd be able to do that. Even with training."

"You could If you tried. Be the countess that defied pretty little dresses and frilly hats, for the life of piracy," he said looking back at me.

"Raymond would have my head," I said, laughing softly at the idea.