Chapter Thirty~ Some Wounds Don't Heal

"I'm sorry," Samantha said. looking down at the floor with shame. My anger simmered into nothing. My glare softened and I began to feel guilty. She defended herself half heartedly, "I really thought he would go easy on you."

I should be the one who felt ashamed. I thought that she lied to me. Samantha, of all people, "No I'm sorry. Of course you wouldn't have known."

She looked up at me. Tears welled up in her big eyes. I knew what she wanted. I couldn't resist the urge to do it. I hesitantly spread open my arms. Ready to hug her. She jumped at the chance and pulled me into her arms. squeezing me tight enough to cause my eyes to pop out of their sockets. I couldn't help but feel like this was a bit childish,"How old are you exactly?"

"342!" her voice was muffled by my shirt, "I knew you would forgive me."

"Yea. Yea." I lightly pushed her away from me and headed towards the bathroom. "Your that old and yet you still act like you're twelve."

I ducked as she threw one of her high heels at me with enough force to punch through the wall. Her laughter followed me until I shut it behind the door, to protect myself. Afterall she does have one more shoe.

I stripped the practice suit off. The elastic material stuck to my skin. Hole's stretched even more as I pulled it off and blood from small scratches had soaked into it, which made the black even darker. "Samantha?"

"Yes, Dear?"

"I'm going to need a new practice suit. Mine is ruined."

"Oh no, Dear I can fix that right quick."

"What about me? Can you fix me?"

"Sure I can."

Samantha began to open the bathroom door. I threw my body against it, "No! I meant later." She laughed once again. I sighed and looked towards the bath. Samantha had drawn up the water already. It gave off a smell of lavender. After checking my many bruises and cuts, I slipped into the warm water. Sinking until I reached my chin. It was relaxing. All of my muscles began to unloosen. The tension leaving my body. I was undoubtedly going to be in much more pain tomorrow.

I wasn't concerned when I heard the bedroom door open until a voice followed with it, " I need to tell her something." Oh god. I looked over to the door, Damion had it cracked open already, but Samantha was tugging on him. He kept his attention trained on her as she pulled him away.

"Master you can't talk to her now. She is in the bath."

"I don't care what she is doing. This is important."

Gasping I bolted out of the tub. I searched for a towel, or anything I could cover myself with. My search was ended quickly as I found a bathrobe folded on the bench by the wall. I thanked Samantha silently in my head and threw it on. I tied it tightly around my waist. The door opened seconds later.

A blushed wormed its way into my cheeks. Damion quickly averted his eyes quickly when he noticed my state of dress. He wasted no time in telling me the information that so desperately couldn't wait.

"We are going to the underworld in the morning." He looked all high and mighty, but I could tell he was uncomfortable. The tips of his ears were red. A smile tugged on my lips. I had made him uncomfortable.

"So soon?"

"Well from what I observed earlier; I believe you are ready. You showed extreme skill for your condition."

"Condition?"

"Not knowing you had this power and only immortal for a few days, yada ,yada, yada."

"Oh that condition." Damion remained silent. His eyes flicked to me again. He took on last look at my robe. "Well thank you for your information. Now if you excuse me I'm going to continue my bath."

Damion seemed to blush, but he turned on his heels quickly and scampered through the door. I covered my smile from Samantha, but Samantha showed hers off.

I remembered the ruined practice suit on the floor. Samantha watched as I picked it up and examined the many holes and blood stains. "You can really fix this?"

"Sure can, Dear." The practice suit was lifted from my hands and flew over to Samantha. "Now get back to that bath. You stink"

A gasp escaped my lips as Samantha giggled and shut the door. Leaving me to my thoughts and the smell of lavender.

I now smell like lavender. My damp hair fell down to my shoulders in loose waves. The bed was calling to me, but Samantha sat me in a chair instead. Poking and prodding my bruised skin. I clenched my teeth and hissed. "Do you want me to fix you or not?" I didn't reply. "Good. Because you don't have a choice anyway. We can't have you looking like a boxing bag when you meet your father.

"Am I really going to meet my father?"

"Why yes. Against my will of course."

"Against your will?"

"I said you weren't ready, but does he ever listen to me? Nope. I'm just here to heal wounds. However, all wounds can't be fixed."

"What do mean?"

"Damion's heart can't be fixed. Not by me anyway." Her gaze bit through the back of my head. I blushed and looked down at my hands. After a moment, warmth began to spread through my body. A faint memory of Raymond, well Damion, holding me and running for dear life through the castle halls. The same warmth had come from him.

I flinched and looked back at Samantha. Her eyes were closed. The source of the warmth was coming from her hand, where it touched the bare skin of my arm. I looked down at it. A soft blue glow radiated off of her hand. The light was soothing. My entire body was filled with her warmth.

It was gone too soon. All of the warmth left me and I was left to fend off the cold air of the room. "There all done." I assessed my arms. No bruises or cuts remain, just a dull ache. "Now I must go check up on Master."

"Why do you call him Master?"

"I have reasons." She smiled at me, "Now get some rest."

The beds calls spoke louder to me-- well not literally-- but it may as well have. I was exhausted. I obeyed the call and fell into the warm velvet sheets. I closed my eyes and sighed as I sunk deeper into the bed.

I felt like I just closed my eyes when a voice rang out. "Rise and shine sleepy head!" The blankets were pulled off of me. I squinted at the clock. Five in the morning. I've only had five hours of sleep?! That wasn't enough for my aching bones. I groaned loudly and uncurled from my ball.
"It's five in the morning Samantha. Go back to sleep." I grabbed the blankets back from her.

"Maybe here, but in the underworld it is noon."

"They can wait."

"Unless you want Damion to get mad, I would get up."

"Tell him to wake me up then."

Then she was gone. I shrugged and fell back into the feather pillows. The sun was starting to come up, and the birds with it. They sang their beautiful songs. Lulling me back to sleep.

I was awoken with a loud sound. I looked back over to the clock. Not even ten minutes. I sighed, "Samantha! Let me sleep."

"I'm not Samantha."

I bolted upright. "Good morning to you too." His glare burned through me. Samantha stood in the doorway. Her usual smile nowhere to be seen.

"I was told you wouldn't get out of bed. Is that true?"

"Maybe."

Damion flushed with anger. His hand bolted out and grabbed a hold of my arm. "You will get up when I tell you."

Without a second of hesitation, I thought of the world freezing. The command sang out. Everything in the room froze. All except for one thing; Damion.