Chapter Seventeen~ Creating A Plan

The princess, Savanna, glared at me. I stared at her, silently pleading to her. She looked away and held her head higher.

Clara pulled out my chair and I sat down, giving her a polite smile. I looked at Raymond from the corner of my eye. He was looking above me at Clara with what other people would have seen as love, but it was not. It looked more like he was the dominant one and she was his pawn.

"Make yourself at home, Dear. We hope you enjoy your time here until your mother gets here," said Clara.

I turned my head to look up at her, "I know I will have a great time."

The first course came out. It was a pre-appetizing soup of vegetables and chicken. My favorite. I picked up my soup spoon. My hand was shaking; even the slightest weight hurt. I tried to hide it as best as I could, but it would seem my efforts were not enough, "Don't be nervous dear, it's only us. No need to be so formal," Clara said.

I smiled and continued to use the spoon as she sipped on the rim of her bowl. The next dish came out, it was the appetizer. I picked up a small breaded ball, and bit into it. Juice spilled out and coated my tongue. I almost sighed at the taste. It's been so long since I've had something like this.

I felt something brush my leg. I thought nothing of it and picked up another breaded sausage. The feeling came again. Thinking it was the tablecloth I reached down and pushed it away. I wasn't the table cloth at all. It was Raymonds hand.

I pretended like I didn't know it was him. My breathing became faster. It took all I had to pick up another sausage. The sausage was almost to my mouth when Raymonds hand found my leg again. I almost dropped it onto the plate, but I stopped myself before I let go. I glanced at him. He was grinning, sending me a sideways look as his fingers brushed lightly against my leg. Then gripped my thigh. My breath caught in my throat.

The waiters came out with the next dish. It was shrimp that was pan seared in garlic. Raymonds hand inched towards the inside of my legs. I squeezed them together.

His fingernails dug into my thigh. I winced and continued to hold them together. His nails dug in harder. I let out a small gasp and slapped at his hand. He rubbed my thigh where his nails dug in. I clenched my teeth together.

"Annabelle are you alright," Clara asked me.

I hesitated and glanced at Raymond. His glare was burning into me. "I'm fine really," I paused, "I just don't like garlic."

"Oh I'm sorry Dear. This is the last course, so you can be excused if you would like. I know you probably want to get a good shower in before dinner. I will send a waiter up to bring you something else."

"Thank you," I breathed.

Raymond removed his hand from my leg. I pushed my chair back, it squeaked in protest. I glanced at Raymond once more. He looked down at his food, there was no more smile.

I walked through the hallway with all of the doors. I came across a very old looking door. The door was next to the kitchen. I laid my hand on it. It was moist like most basement doors. I could feel how it struggled to stay closed. It reminded me of the cellar door at my house.

Then it hit me. It has to lead downstairs to the dungeon. I reached for the doorknob. " My Lady, I was sent to bring you to your room," a guard said behind me. I spun around, and I saw nothing. "Down here, My Lady."

I looked down. He was a foot or so smaller than me. He was very muscular. For such a small guy he was in very good shape. I smiled. His eye brow raised but he didn't smile back. His badge said he was third in command.