Chapter Twenty-Five~ Rule With Him

I screamed and scrambled away from him. Raymond stood up slowly.

My heart beat faster than it ever has before. It banged against my rib cage. I searched for anything I could use as a weapon. My eyes fell on a pair of fabric scissors sitting on the table. They probably helped in my operation.

I lunged for them, but they were flung away haphazardly. I stared at the place they were in dismay, and started searching for another could be a weapon. "Don't even try Annabelle. You won't be able to kill me if you tried. You would just kill this body."

His arms snaked around my waist. His breath was hot against my neck. "Who are you?" I asked. Willing my voice not to shake, but it did anyway.

"Shhh," his fingers softly brushed my cheek, "I am the one who you have been protected from all your lonesome life." I went still. Is he the one my father was talking about that day with Aaron? The one Reth warned me about?

Raymond still had me locked to him. A small scalpel laid on the bookshelf of my room. I slowly reached for it."What do you mean?"

"I'm deeply hurt that you don't know who I am."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You've never met me, but we are meant for each other." My fingers touched the small sharp object.

Once I had it in my hand, I slashed out at him with all my strength. My efforts for futile. With a flick of his wrist the scalpel was ripped out of my hand and thrown across the room, cutting deep into my palm. Raymond snarled and threw me into the shelves. His hands glowed slightly.

"What are you." I whispered.

"I am what you would call a warlock, and believe it or not you are one as well. You have powers much like mine. We just haven't awakened them yet. You may not want to believe in magic, but it is real and it has been in your life ever since you were born. Although you never really paid attention to it," he paused then whispered into my ear, "or me for that matter. You may have seen glimpses of the magic realm. Such as that day you saw the true colors of my eyes when I was that desk assistant."

I shuddered. How did I not figure that out? "You are the one who took Reths wil, aren't you? I will not let you do that to me. I will not give you consent."

Raymond turned me around forcefully, his grip tightening on my shoulders, "No. I am not the person who once inhabited this body. I am Damion, high warlock of the underworld, and I will be the king of this world for all eternity." He pushed me up against the bookshelf. I grabbed a small candle holder off of one of the shelves that dug into my back. This moment felt very familiar. Hopefully this time It won't fail. He grabbed my other hand. The scars immediately began to glow and the cut stopped bleeding. Heat spilled into it. Moving into my fingers and up my arm. "You shall rule it with me if it is of your will or not. I can give you immortality. I can give you power over this world and your real father's world."

"What are you talking about?"

"You were once born into power and immortality, but your father took that away to keep you safe. I guess you could say from me. He left you with that monstrous rich man, hoping I'd never find you. Yet look where we are; he didn't try hard enough. Help me overthrow your father and take his world."

Thoughts spun in my head. This man was mad. He was talking madness. Mad people must think alike. I see fairies. He sees demons.
"Never," I swung the candle holder towards him with all my might, and it hit home. His face contorted with the impact. Raymonds grip loosened a fracture of a second.

I watched in horror as his face fixed itself, but it was not Raymond anymore. He was a different man. Almost-- darker than Raymond. His hair was no longer brown. It was the color of charcoal. His green eyes filled with red hot fury.

"I see." He let go of me. If it wasn't for the bookshelf I would have stumbled away. He walked toward the door. His hand rested on the door knob, "I will make you want to rule this world with me. Even if it takes hurting you, or the ones you love."

I looked at my hand. The warmth that filled it was now gone, and so were the scars and calluses from working on a ship for years, and the cut. I was definitely mad. There's no way Raymond just became another person. I sunk to the ground and curled into myself. The tears flowed freely.

I've been laying here on the ground for quite awhile now. The tears stopped some time ago, but I couldn't find the strength to uncurl myself and stand up. I stared at my once injured hand. Was being in this place tearing my brain into shreds. Sleep tugged at my eyes, and I didn't fight it.

A door opened. I didn't care who it was. I stayed on the floor curled into a ball.

Arms pulled me into a warm chest. My mind wandered to Reth with his hypnotizing blue eyes. I thought about the way his body felt under my hands. I leaned into the chest I was held against. Wishing it was Reth, but I knew that there was no chance. I opened my eyes slightly.

The blue eyes that I dreamed about became the green eyes that stirred fear inside me. My hope fizzled into nothing. Tears I didn't think I still had threatened to fall. I landed softly on the bed. Its velvet sheets welcoming me. Finally I willed my eyes to open. I was face to face with Raym- no Damion. He smirked, but did not back away. I gasped and jerked back. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. " I already told you," he whispered, "'even if it takes hurting you...'"

I screamed and kicked out at him. He twisted my hands behind my back and pinned me down. His other hand covering my mouth. I looked into his cold eyes. They held nothing. My heart hammered in my chest.

Damion tied my hands behind me with a thick rope. He sat me up on the edge of the bed. He left the room a few times, coming back with terrible looking, sharp objects. Everyone I saw caused more tears to fall.

He paced back and forth in front of me. Sometimes looking at me from the corner of his eyes. He took his time as he picked up a twisted knife. Now my heart threatened to burst out of my chest.

He glanced at me and picked up a different not- as- intimidating knife. He walked towards me like a predator stalking it's oblivious prey. Except I was not so oblivious.