Chapter Twenty-Nine~ Never Easy

"Rise and shine!" Samantha's voice rang out through the bedchamber. I grumbled and covered my head with the blanket. "Oh come now. It's your first day of learning how to harness your power!" She paused and waited for me to answer. I wasn't going to, "You do want to learn about this supposed power of yours, don't you?"

"Nope. I'm okay with sleeping all day. I'm exhausted." I replied to her. A terrible sound came out of Samantha. Almost like a feral growl. At least I think it was Samantha. The warmth of the velvet blankets abandoned me as they were ripped away from my body. I gasped as the cold air attacked me.

I stared at Samantha's growing red face. She was practically fuming. I held my hands up in surrender and slowly got up from the bed. She watched with satisfaction and a smile grew on her lips. "Glad we are on the same page."

"So am I." I inched towards the bathroom. She couldn't get me in there. "I-- uh-- need to go to the bathroom." I made a break for the bathroom. Samantha had the reflexes of a cat! She pounced towards me and pinned me to the floor with her foot.

"You can't run away now! We need to get you ready!" The cheer in her voice scares me.

I was prepared to get tortured into a frilly dress, but instead I was handed a set of workout clothes. When I took it, it unravelled to reveal it was a full body suit, "What is this?"

"What does it look like? It's your practice outfit!" she said cheerfully. She began a list on her fingers, "It's fireproof, it'll keep you from getting fried by lightning, and I can even repel bullets! Also it's fitted to your body." She wiggled her eyebrows.

My jaw dropped to the floor. Samantha hid her smile with her hand. "Don't worry he won't use those on you right away. Of course he's going to show you how to use your power first. Then he'll throw fireballs and lighting at you."

She was practically jumping up and down?! What if this suit was faulty! I would turn into a burnt french fry. I stalked to the bathroom and slammed the door. I pulled the suit on. It definitely was fitted. It was so tight, I began to become concerned. I talked loudly so Samantha could hear me outside the door, "Why is this so tight? Wait a second, where did they get my measurements?" The laugh that followed made me stiffen.

I walked into the room to a giddy Samantha. Her eyes lit up as she looked at me like a mother. "Ah, you would look beautiful in anything." I sighed and let her lead the way.

She lead me to a vast room that was derived of furniture. Damion stood in the middle of the room. He faced away from us. He wore the same outfit as me. I wonder if his is equipped to protect him like mine. His was definitely skin tight. The muscles of his arms and chest bulged against the elastic material as he crossed his arms. His shoulder blades pressed taut against it. My eyes traveled down.

I was interrupted by a chuckle. Damion had turned his head to look at us. His eyes had found mine watching him. I flushed and looked away from his and at the freshly polished floor. Samantha slightly pushed me forward. Urging me to go further into the room.

The massive doors slammed closed behind me. I turned around staring at the doors with a silent scream.

"Did you come willingly?" his voice was deep and smooth. It sounded almost seductive. A chill ran up my spine.

"I would have been fine with sleeping," I replied.

"Oh? Getting up early is good for you." I finally had the courage to look up at him. This time I found his eyes checking me out.

"I'd rather not be burned and shocked." I crossed my arms over my chest. Giving him the dirtiest of all dirty glares.

A faint blush stained his cheeks, "Did Sam tell you that?"