Chapter Ten~ Stormed

I woke up with a start, falling to the floor. The ship was swaying forcefully, tossing me back and forth. I quickly stood up and held onto anything that was bolted down. I scrambled to the door and threw it open. Stepping out into heavy rain. I was instantly soaked. I looked up. A man stood right in front of me, he looked shocked. "Well well. Who do I have here?" He said as he reached for me.

I reeled back and looked around panicked, I finally saw the scene around me. The ship was full of people. Other pirates I've never seen before. I squeezed back into my room, away from the unknown pirate, slamming the door in the his face, and sliding the lock in place. "Why always me," I groaned.

Haley choose right then to pop up, "Annie we have to get out of here. The ship has been stormed."

"I can see that. I walked into one of them."

"They saw you?! Get out of here! Everyone is already on the other ship!" Haley pulled me towards the window by the hem of my shirt. I I fell over a few times, getting tossed to the side when a big wave rammed into the side of the ship. She was right, there was another ship outside. It looked almost exactly like Sebastian's ship. Fog covered most of it and rain sprayed off of the sides. Haley unlatched the hook holding the window closed. Rain spilled onto the floor. "Go. Now!" I stepped onto the ledge of the window, holding onto the panes for dear life. The wind whipped my hair around my face.

Voices sounded close on the other side of the door. "There's a woman in this room Captain!" said a muffled voice.

"Well what are you waiting for? Get her out of there and bring her to me." another voice replied.

I saw figures scurrying across the deck of the other ship. That figure was Reth. "Reth," I screamed through the fast wind, which undoubtedly took my voice with it. The door behind me was beng rammed, but the lock held true, for now. "Reth!" This time he heard me and looked around for me. "Reth! I'm up here!"

He looked up and his eyes locked with mine. His mouth formed my name, but I didn't hear it. I heard the door splintering behind me. "Get her!"

I looked down at the roaring water. I could jump, but would I survive? I bent down, ready to leap to my possible death when Reth's voice stopped me dead, "Annie! Don't do it!" I looked at him. He was leaning halfway over the rail reaching for me.
Then arms pulled me back through the window, I didn't go back in without a few screams. I was pushed onto the ground. A hand was around my throat. I clawed at the strong arms. My vision faded away and I passed out.

A boot shoved into my back. I grunted and moved away from it. I opened my eyes to a man and a woman. The woman had beautifully long red hair and bright green eyes. She looked at me with a soft look and a small smile. The man beside her had the blackest hair I have ever seen and eerie green eyes. He looked at me with anger. He bent down to my eye level, he spoke with his low, seductive voice, "Did you have a good nap?"

"It was very needed. Sleep is hard to get around here."

He laughed at my statement. His eyes flickered and faint line of white rimmed the green, I gasped and blinked but his eyes were the same as before. Maybe it was my imagination, "Ah a feisty one. Now I want you to tell me who you are. What you are doing here, and who is your captain."

"What would you do if I don't tell you?"

He leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear, "Oh I don't know, but I'm sure it will be something you wouldn't like."

I shivered at his closeness, "My name is Annie Easton, I was basically kidnapped, and the captain is Sebastian."

"Sebastian who?"

"I--uh-- I don't know his last name." I leaned back from him. He was too close for comfort. He may look like a god, but I don't know this guy. He looks like bad news. I averted my eyes away from his and looked out the window. A man stood in the frame watching me carefully. My breathe caught in my throat. He motioned to me to get down. So I did.

Bullets began to fly through the air, wizzing just above my body. Shattering glass and lodging in the walls. I screamed and covered my head with my bound arms. Another womans shrill screams filled my head. "Samantha get us out of here." The man yelled to the screaming woman. The screams died out as fast as they came.

"Damn warlocks." I looked up to see the man that was outside the window before the gun fire. He held a pistol in one hand and held the other to me, "Let's get you out of here."

I looked at him in disbelief, "Who are you?"

"I'm Will." He took my hand and pulled me to my feet. My legs were unsteady and I fell into him. "You are able to walk, I hope," he said.

" Of course I can."

"Good, because we have to run," the rest of the people on the other side of my room started to bang on the door, probably hearing the screams of the other woman, Samantha and the gun shots. Where did they those two go? They just disappeared, "Like right now."

He pulled me to the broken window. He jumped through and gestured for me to follow him. I climbed onto the window sill and I hesitated. The door gave in, and the men poured in. I froze. "Hurry!" yelled Will. I jumped. Will caught me and set me on my feet. Then we ran, I followed him to the bow of the ship. He grabbed hold of a rope, and motioned for me to go with him. I didn't want to be on this ship anymore, not with new pirates. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I held onto him. He jumped off the side and held tightly onto the rope. The rope was attached to the other ship.

We came in hot as the wind whipped us around. He let go of the rope as we got closer and we fell on to the new ships deck. I rolled to a stop and got to my knees. Breathing in deeply. The rain pelted my back.

"Annie, you're ok!" I turned around to Reth running towards me, arms opened wide. He wrapped me into a hug and pulled me to his chest. What would have happened to me if Will didn't save me? Why wasn't Reth there to save me?

Haley floated around looking at the floor. She averted her eyes from mine when I tried to get her attention. She shook her head at me and turned into blue petals and floated away with the fierce wind. Maybe she felt bad because she couldn't save me herself.

"Ok lets get a move on before those crooks overtake our back up," said Sebastian walking up to us.

"Thank you for helping us, Will," Reth said.

"No problem, Reth. That's what brothers do," he smirks. Brothers? I look between the brothers faces. Both had the sharp jaw lines and the dark hair. I guess I could see it.

"Glad you're ok," Sebastian said patting my back awkwardly.

"Thanks Sebastian," I replied to him.

"Sink her," Sebastian said, clearing his throat, Looking over to Will. "Bring her down and the enemy won't win her," he said with a wink. He turned around and walked towards the captain's quarters.

"Don't worry Sebastian, I'll buy you another one," Reth called after him. Sebastian shook his head and laughed sadly.

Will yelled orders to his crew, "Load the cannons, and take her down."

The crew loaded the cannons with powder and dense lead cannon balls. "Fire," Will called the final order. All of the cannons firedn at once . Every cannon hit the bow at once. The once glorious ship was turned instantly into a fiery ball of flames.The rain sizzled as it hit the hot flames. When it started to go under, the men on the ship jumped into the cold water.

Then she went under.

the Morning Star was resting at the bottom of her watery grave, and we were heading towards the break of storm clouds on the horizon.