Chapter Fifty-Two~ The Big Day

"Rise and shine, sleepy heads!" Samantha pulled the blanket off of the bed. The cold air attacked my warm skin instantly. I rolled into a ball and pushed my face into the bed. Reth groaned and wrapped his arms around me. He nuzzled into my hair. "The sun is up, the stars are gone, which means you need to get up!" She pulled on my leg and attempted to drag me out of bed, but Reths strong arms held me in place.

I laughed and Reth chuckled against my air. I peeked out from under Reth's arm at Samantha. She huffed and placed her hands on her hips. I laughed and looked back at Reth, "I missed you, Samantha, but I didn't miss your early rising. Also the sun doesn't shine here, and there are no stars."

"Are you going to get up or continue to bash me?"

"I think I'm okay here. Reth is a very warm blanket." I snuggled closer to him.

Reth chuckled again and whispered into my hair. "I think we should get up. Sam doesn't look happy."

I peeked back at her. She was in fact angry. Her face was a very alarming shade of red. The air around her seemed to be getting warmer. "Okay. I'll get up."

She immediately changed her mood. "Glad we agree. Now I've already gotten the fabric picked out for the dress. I had your measurements so I already have the dress made. Don't worry it is beautiful." She began to walk out of the room. I finally noticed Haley sitting on the desk in the corner,. She swung her legs back and forth and twirled her hair.

Samantha popped her head back in. "What are you waiting for? Follow me." I untangled myself from Reth and followed her out of the room. Haley hopped off of the desk and followed us. Reth trailed behind. "All there is left to do is get you ready and head to the mortal realm."

"What?!" I was alarmed. The mortal realm? We couldn't have our wedding in the human world! "Why are we having it there. How will the servants see the marriage of their King and Queen? Our wedding will mean nothing there. Plus, why would Immortals have a wedding in the mortal realm!?"

Reth cut in to the conversation, "Well only one of us is immortal here." I sent a sad smile his way. Of course I knew that. How could I forget. Haley, on the other hand, looked almost over joyed. She probably missed being a smaller form.

"Well, you see." She looked nervous, "We kind of told the Princess that you were getting married, and she wanted you to have it at the palace in Veriana. I told her we had to think about it. I warned her that you are not the same, as well." She changed the subject. "I also found out where your ship is."

"What does that have to do with our wedding in the human world?"

"Well the problem is that we can't bring a human, who doesn't know about the immortal realm, here. Also it matters because you guys are going to be leaving on you ship anyway."

"But you brought the crew here." I argued.

"Well they knew about the immortal realm long before I lead them here."

"Andy and Dave didn't know about it."

"They aren't here. They are taking care of your ship Celestial. As far as they know, we are saving you from the palace."

Andy and Dave weren't here? How could I have not known. How did I overlook that, "Oh my god! I didn't even notice!"

Reth laughed at me from behind. "Well then, it seems we will have to have our wedding in the mortal realm."

"So it does."

Samantha had continued walking a while ago and was just turning the corner, "Let's go get you ready then Annabelle."

I laughed and turned towards Reth, "I guess I have to follow her. You better go get ready yourself."

"I think you'll take longer than me, my love." He pulled me into his arms and placed his lips on my forehead, "I'll see you later."

I took off after Samantha, I turned as I was half running, "I'll try to make this snappy."

Samantha took me almost halfway across the palace. I still have yet to learn all of the rooms and locations of places in this massive place. We passed the ceremonial hall along the way. I stopped and stared into the room from the doorway. Haunted images flashed behind my eyes. I breathed in deeply and shook the images away. It has been fixed for a few days, yet no one dared to enter the hall. The room was derived of furniture, but the tiles had been cleaned and the rubble swept away.

The thrones still sat on above the stairs. No one would sit in them. Not now. Not ever. I had my throne, along with Reths, moved to another more airy area. That room had a lot of natural red light.

"Annie?" Samantha had turned around. She took my hands and forced me to look at her. She sighed, "I know you miss him."

A tremble shot up my spine. "I don't miss him."

"It's fine to miss him, Dear. He was a bad man, but you warmed up to him as the days you spent with him passed."

"I- I thought I knew him.I thought he was finally showing me his real self. Until-- I learned what he had done to that little girl when she spoke out of turn."

Samantha tilted my head up so I would look at her. "He was tricking you. I knew him for many years. He didn't care what he was doing, or who he was hurting."

"You didn't see the look in his eyes after I shot him. He looked at me with such betrayal." I shuddered and pulled my hands away from hers. "It doesn't matter. it's over."

"Annie-"

I cut her off, "Please make me the most beautiful bride in the world." I pushed all thoughts of Damion into a corner of my mind. I would force myself to forget them. I hated him, why shouldn't I forget about him?

Samantha's smile returned and she bounced down the hallway. "You are already beautiful, my dear. It shouldn't be too hard to make you the most beautiful bride."