Chapter Twenty-Six~ Awakened

He brought the knife towards my face. Touching it to my skin lightly. He trailed the cold steel down my cheek. I couldn't do anything than stare up at his growing smile. "Tell me you will rule with me. There's an easier way to conduct this. Just tell me you will do it willingly." he whispered quietly. It almost sounded like his voice was full of pain. That can't be possible. "Or we will do this the hard way and you will bleed."

Tears rolled down my cheeks even faster. I didn't want to rule with him. I didn't want to rule anything. I just wanted to sail my ship peacefully.
My throat tightened, I couldn't say anything. With every passing second the pressure of the knife on my skin became greater and greater.

His eyes darkened, "So be it." Damion began to say something in a language I couldn't understand. "Letha amandla alo wesifazane osemusha kuye. Myeke ezwe amandla okungafi. Vumela lo mkhuba uvuse amandla afanele okulala ngaphakathi komphefumlo wakhe." His voice twisted into words inside of my head. Almost like I knew this language that he spoke, "Bring the power of this young woman to her. Let her feel the power of immortality. Allow this practice to awaken the rightful power of sleep within her soul."

His eyes were psychotic. They were filled with hurt and fear at the same time. Almost like he was willing me to say yes. Like he didn't want to hurt me. I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came out.

"Why? Why won't you say anything? I have a knife, and yet you still refuse me! Don't force me to finish this." I looked up at him blankly, "Answer me!"

"I-I don't know what to tell you!" I screamed at him. He looked startled. A smile growing even wider on his face. Blood began to trickle down with my tears. They mixed together in a flowing dance.

I watch in horror as Damion took the knife now stained with my blood and ran his tongue over it. His eyes sparking with the taste. I hung my head. Watching as scarlet painted silk.

Damions hand curled into my hair. Pulling on it slightly to make me look at him. His eyes were alive. A laugh grew in his throat. It echoed through the bedchamber. "It is finished!"

Just then Samantha burst through the door. "Get away from her!"

Damion release his hold on my hair. Letting my head hang limp once again. Samantha continued to scream. I couldn't take it, my cheek throbbed with pain. "Stop," I said silently.

"What do you think you are doing!"

"Stop!" I screamed.

"What is wrong wit...." Her words faded into nothing.

Everything seemed to freeze. Samantha's muffled screams stopped. I looked up. "What?"

There was nothing but my voice. Damion and Samantha stood in the middle of the room frozen in argument. Damions knife floated in mid-air. He had thrown it towards the wall. My breath stuck in my throat. I struggled to get my hands untied. If only untying something behind you wasn't so hard. Why couldn't he use silk or something instead of a harsh rope?

The scratchiness of the rope disappeared. I felt what held my hands together.

It was silk.
What? I stopped, but I didn't have much time left. I struggled to until the silk that now bounded my hands. Soon it fell to the floor.

I couldn't breathe, my mind thought I was dead, but I wasn't. Right?

My hands found my throat. Breath. You can't die now. Unless I was already dead. Breathe, I willed myself again. I thought of how it felt to breathe.

Air sucked down into my lungs immediately.

The window taunted me. I couldn't get through the bars that covered them. The curtains were stuck floating in an unseen wind. I willed them to move. Just a slight movement was all I needed to know that this was real. I thought of them moving as warm summer air flowed through the window. As if on queue the curtains began to move. I gasped and stumbled over a chair. It didn't move an inch. I turned to it. Why didn't it fall over when I ran into it? I pushed on the chair with my feet. Nothing.

I did it again. Thinking of it moving across the floor. This time, it did just that.

I scrambled back towards the desk. A cup of water sat on the wood. I put a finger into the water. It didn't go through. The water was as hard as ice. What did this mean? If everything was doing as I thought. What would happen if I-- I reached out to the cup. My hands were shaking furiously.

Chasing away all thoughts except for one. The tips of my fingers brushed over the water lightly as I thought of my finger going through. My finger went through. I jerked my hand away. Causing the water to slosh around against its cup. Panic surrounded me. I was gasping with anxiety at this point. What was happening? What was wrong with me? Was this a dream? I was falling asleep before all of this happened. It was highly possible I was having a twisted, dark dream.

I looked around. Everything I thought about seemed to come back to reality. I slowly backed up until I bumped into something. I turned around to the table filled with Damions knives. I picked up one and looked back to Damion and Samantha.

My heart beat sped up. I could end this. I stalked towards them. I looked at the two people who were frozen in time in front of me. I can finish this. I can finish this and go back to Reth. Go back to my life and never have to worry about a mad king coming after me. I thought about everything unfreezing.