Chapter Fifty-Three~ Preparing the Bride

I followed her to the princess suite. We walked in the door, and I was surprised to see at least a dozen girls stare up at us from the bed. They all panicked to get up. A laugh at their attempted escape. The only one left on the bed was Haley. She looked sad about the departure of the girls, "Don't worry girls. I won't punish you for using the princess suite. It's not in use anyway. Hell, you can even us my room while I'm away." They all smiled and bowed to me, "Now let's get to it. I'm aching to see what you all can do. Also, let's have fun while we do this."

I was instantly swarmed by the girls. They pushed me into the bathroom and sat me on a chair. This bathroom was large. They all fit in with enough space left to breathe. I was washed until my skin turned red and my hair was as smooth as silk and laid down my back as straight as I had ever seen it. The usual waves were brushed out while it was dried. A little girl fiddled with my hair as my nails and toenails were trimmed and painted to perfection.

Oils were rubbed into my skin that made it shine. Laughter and happy conversations spilled out of the room and into the hallway without a doubt. I was asked many questions about Reth and what he was like. I replied happily and told them the most embarrassing stories. Reth would appreciate the looks and giggles he would receive now.

Soon it was time to do my hair. Lana looked disappointed when she was pushed to the side, so I reached my hand out to her and pulled her into my lap. I braided her hair to look like mine. I watched carefully in the mirror as they twirled the braid into a little crown upon my head. Much like the one that I had during my last wedding, but more extravagant. I did my best to duplicate this into the Lana's long silky hair. It didn't turn out as great as mine, but she was enthusiastic anyway.

Then the dress was brought in. It was beautiful. This dress was the brightest of whites if there ever was one. Swirls of light blue were woven into the dress. The swirls curled all the way down the train into a pool of darker blue. I covered a gasp. "Oh my god. Samantha." I took the dress from her and looked at it up close. "It's perfect."

I gave Samantha a hug and didn't let go. "Reth told me about the dress you wore to the ball, so I took the details he gave me and implemented it into your wedding dress." She reached into her pocket. "He also gave me this." She pulled out a case and opened it. There, in that case, was the necklace I wore to the ball. Tears stung my eyes. "No! Don't cry! You're going to mess up your makeup!"

"I'm sorry! I can't help it." I fanned my eyes with the help of Samantha. The thought of what we looked like made me start to laugh. The girls around the room joined in and eventually Samantha did too. "Did it mess up?"

"Still looks perfect."

"Great."

The robe I was wearing was removed and I slipped the dress on. Samantha zipped it up. It fit perfectly. It defined my curves really good. Almost a little too much, if you ask me. Then Reth's necklace was placed around my neck. The new queen's crown was placed on my head. This one was made of white gold and had blue gems embedded in the gold. It was delicate and didn't make my head tip from side to side like the other one, but there was one situation. "Samantha?"

"Yes, my dear?"

"If in the human realm we are not royal; why are we going to be wearing crowns?"

"Good question. I may have told Princess Savanna that you were discovered to be the long lost princess of a faraway kingdom unknown by man."

"You what!"

"Well, it is true."

"Do you know what this will do to my reputation!"

"Of course. It'll make you the most famous female captain in the world!"

"Samantha! I was trying to escape fame!" Samantha giggled into her hand while trying to look sorry, I sighed, "I guess it's over and done with. It'll make my life a bit harder, but a bit harder means more excitement."

I followed Samantha out of the princess suite after a pair of beautiful blue heels were strapped to my feet.

Haley ran up to me, "One more thing," She cupped her hands and blew into them. A suttle blue glow emitted from her palms. When she opened her hands a small blue rose sat there. "Here." Haley tucked the rose behind my ear. "Now you're finished."

"Thank you, Haley. It's beautiful."

Samantha led me to the new throne room of the palace. The servants had all gathered there. They all gasped when I walked in. Reth's jaw practically fell to the floor. I walked over to him and smiled, "You know it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, right?"

"Yes, but we have no choice, do we?"

"It would seem you are right. For once"

Reth girnned and held his arm out to me, I took it. Samantha began to open a portal that leads to the abandoned road in the woods outside of the summer palace. The servants wouldn't be joining us so this would be the last time they saw me and Reth for a while. I looked at all of the servants who remained loyal to me under Damion's rule, and would stay loyal for all eternity. "Don't forget about us while we are gone. I certainly won't forget about any of you. Thank you for your love and loyalty. I appreciate that you all gave it to me so willingly. I'm thankful that you all helped and pushed me to take over rule from Damion. I will miss you all, but I will come back."

The servants cheered. Their cheers filled the room quickly. Some began to cry. Some cheered on and looked at me with much more respect than what I was first given. I earned their respect, and they earned mine.