Chapter Fifty-Five~ A Happy Ending

Samantha motioned for me and Reth to walk through the Portal. Sengen flew over to me and landed on my shoulder, "I'd say, this fate is better than I expected."

"You underestimated me, Sengen."

"I never underestimated you. I underestimated him." He pointed to Reth with his beak.
Reth gasped and clapped a hand over his heart, "You've saddened me Sengen."

"Oh cut it out you big baby. You still did what I never thought you would." Sengen was done talking then. His eyes began to water and he turned to his face and hid from me.

I looked up at him,"Are you crying, Sengen?"

"No. No. This room is just so dusty." He sniffed.

I laughed and walked towards the portal. Haley was practically floating with joy. "I can't wait to be back to my original form. I can scare people again!"

"Haley you are something else."

"Oh, I know Annie."

"For some reason I figured you would stay here and help Samantha. Considering that you don't have a mission anymore."

She clapped me on the back, "You can't get rid of me that easily. PLus, you guys are a riot. Why would I ever want to leave?"

"Are you saying that you're going to bother me forever?"

"Of course!" Sengen flew through the portal as we talked. I watched his tail feathers disappear into the unending spiral. Haley grunted and caught my attention. She avoided my eyes and fidgeted. She spoke in a small voice, "I mean-- as long as you'll have me."

"Haley," I cupped her face, "You will always have a place with me, with any of us."

"I think it's time I thank you, Annie, for being a great person."

I smiled at her. About time she thank me. With Reth's hand in mine; I stepped through the ominous portal. Pulling Reth in with me.

The sickening, stomach dropping, feeling began almost immediately. I gripped Reth's hand tighter and forced myself to not throw up everywhere. We landed on the gravel road quickly. The fall from the portal onto the road was not as bad as I thought it would be. Reth and I landed feet first. I felt accomplished when I didn't fall on my face.

Reth side stepped and pulled me with him as the next person through the portal came through. It was Sebastian. He hit the ground face first. I grimaced and whispered to Reth, "That had to hurt."

Sebastian rolled over and made way for the next person through, which was Will. "Damn right that hurt. Don't ever make me go through one of those again."

Will landed gracefully and pranced over the Reth and I. Next up was Cam. Quickly followed by Aaron and Dad. Then it was Haley. She came through flying. The spun in circles and flew over everyone's head, "Oh, how I missed this!"

Everyone made it before Samantha came through. She landed as gracefully as a swan on water. She closed the portal and summoned a horse drawn carriage. I laughed, "We are going old school now?"

"Well I did tell Princess Savanna that this lost kingdom was quite old school." The chariage was absolutely beautiful. It was white, and everything was gold-plated. Even the seats, which had white cushions.

I stared at it astonished, "Does this lost kingdom also have a lot of money?"

"You could say." Samantha opened the door and motioned for me to go in. "My lady."

I went up the steps carefully and pulled Reth along. "Who's driving?"

Samantha replied before anyone else could, "Me obviously. You think these goons can drive a horse drawn carriage without doing it recklessly?"

Sebastian walked up behind her, "I'll go with her."

Samantha blushed and scurried to the front of the carriage. Sebastian followed her closely and tried to help her up to the seat. Which ending in her giving him the finger and jumping up without his help. I snorted and entwined my hand with Reth's once more. Everyone else climbed into the carriage with up. There was plenty of room for at least five more.

The ride was smooth. Well, as smooth as a gravel road in a carriage could be. We circled around the summer palace and rolled up to the front. We were immediately greeted by a giddy Savanna and a crying Mom. Mom practically pulled me out of the carriage. Reth jumped out after us and everyone followed suit. "Oh my god, Annie. I'm so glad you are okay. I'm so sorry I didn't train you with fighting skills instead of lady of court skills."

"I'm fine Mom. I did pretty good without them. Plus your skills really helped me out."

"Really, That makes me feel a little better. I'm glad you came home safe."

Will joined the conversation, "Yeah, she did get the job done. Killed the guy pretty quick."

Savanna gasped. I gave Will a glare and turned towards Savanna. "Don't listen to him."

"I don't care who you killed! I'm glad you are okay! Oh my god and look at you! You are a princess for god sake!"

"A queen actually." I corrected her. She screamed and gave me a hug. "Speaking of being a queen. When are you going to take over in Raymond's place."

Savanna jerked away. "You mean-"

"Yes, Dami- I mean Raymond is dead." She looked at me like she didn't believe me, "Trust me I know he is."

"Finally. I waited long enough for that man to get what he deserved!"

"He deserved everything bad in the world."

She hugged me again and looked over at Reth. She whispered into my ear, "I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm even more happy for you. Instead of being a princess, you can become a queen. You could actually divorce Ronan if you wanted too." I pointed out.

Savanna blushed. "Well actually. I really like Ronan."

I let out my own scream at that, "I'm even more happy for you if that's the case!"

"It is. Now come on we have a wedding to begin!"

Savanna took Reth's hand and pulled him to the altar. "You know you aren't supposed to see the bride before the wedding, right," She asked accusingly.

"I didn't have a choice, okay!" He defended himself.

I stifled a laugh and looked around. I got a glimpse of the amount of people in there, "Jesus, Mom! How many people did you invite?"

She hooked her arms through mine, "The entire city!" She glanced at me, "Oh don't give me that look. Of course I'm going to announce that my daughter's a queen and everyone needs to attend."

"I love you, Mom. Even though you aren't really my mom."

"I love you too, Annie." The music started, "Now get in there and give me a son-in-law, and soon a grandchild!"

"Mom!" She smiled and hugged me. I watched as she hurried inside to take her seat. She was already in tears. 

________________________________________________________________________________

~The End~

If you have made it to the end, thank you so much for making it this far with me. 

Through my many typos and changes. Hopefully there aren't too many more, or maybe that will be a good thing. 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it! Even if I did edit it three times so far! <3