Chapter Twenty-Seven~ Not a Dream

The world came spinning back. Samantha's screaming came back as well. She finished her sentence, "... with you!"

She looked around confused. She looked at me, then the knife. Her mouth was opened in shock. Damion looked confused. Just looking at him made me furious. Without thinking I rammed the twisted knife into his chest. He stumbled back, looking at the knife protruding from his chest. He began to laugh. A horrible, ugly, and dark laugh. He tugged at the knife. It came free with a trail of blood with it. The blood stopped almost immediately once the knife came out. And the hole closed. It closed? I watched with shock.

"What?" I didn't know what was happening, "This had to be a dream."

"This is not a dream Annabelle."

I looked down at my hands and around the room. I looked at the curtains, I looked at the water, and I looked back to Damion. A smirk ghosted his lips. He was a terrible man, "What did you do to me!"

"I gave you your powers back. The powers that you had when you were born. The rightful powers your father took away from you."

Samantha gasped and turned me towards her. Her fingers tracing the cut that burned on my face. "How could you," she breathed.

Damion crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at her. " How dare you question me Samantha. You answer to me I ask the questions."

"I think I should be able to ask just one."

His eyes widened in amusement. "I took the chance and did the spell."

"She was not ready!"

"Like hell she wasn't! She already figured out how to use her powers. She was ready."

"How would you know that? Why would you even try if you were not sure?" Her voice was deathly low as she turned to him.

Damion scoffed, "You will regret saying anything to me Samantha." With that he walked out of the room. Dropping the knife on the floor. The blood soaked into the wood.

Samantha looked horrified. I appreciated that she was defending me, but she didn't have to do it. "You didn't have to do that Samantha."

"Oh, but I needed too. He had no right. There was an easier way."

"He said there was. He gave me a choice. I didn't know what to do."

"He never explains anything. He just wanted to awaken you right away, he figured that if he told you how you had powers, you would have been curious and wanted him to awaken you, but you didn't want that."

"I just want to go back home. I want Reth, I want him to hold me tight and be there whenever I need him."

She didn't say anything. She just flicked her eyes to the floor and hid her face behind her red hair. "I know how that feels."

She looked up with a sad smile, "Let's get you cleaned up." Samantha lead me to the bathroom. Pushing me to a chair lightly. She began to wipe away the blood and tears that painted my face. I stared at the curved design that was carved into my cheek in the mirror. I continued to stare at my red splashed face until Samantha washed it all away. I looked up at her in silence. She avoided my gaze. Fixing her attention on the cut.

"Am I mad?" I asked her.

"Mad?"

"Crazy."

"Oh, no Dear," She finally looked at me, " Damion is the one who is mad. He should have never done this. Your father will know that your immortality is back. He can feel your presence now. So can Damion he can feel your emotions now because he is tied to you through the betrothed bond that was created by your father, which is the reason why your immortality was taken away, so he couldn't feel you to find you."

I couldn't say anything else. Everything that happened finally came rushing back. I sucked in a breath as it all came crashing down on me. I am immortal. I am a warlock. My breath came faster and faster. "Annie! Calm down!"

Samantha's arms cradled me. Her warmth calming me. I clung to her. She didn't complain about the tears soaking her shirt. She just held me. Like I was a child.

I was acting like a child.

I pulled away from her looking into the eyes that were full of pity. I didn't want her pity. I pushed her away from me and stalked into my room. I fell into the bed. Samantha footsteps followed me. "What will become of me?" I asked her.

"I don't know. It all depends on you now." with that she walked out of the room. Shutting the door behind her. Never letting the bolt slide into place.