Chapter 1

Another day had begun, and I was sitting at the breakfast counter, scrolling through different castings in Los Angeles. My so called "agent" told me to look for new opportunities, since we were almost done filming the last movie in the "new ,anticipated book" series. From there, my fame pretty much grew. I had a whole fan base and the paparazzi had began to really annoy me as they followed my move more than usual. I had fans run up to me in public, and nothing else made me more happier than to know that they admired me and looked up to me. It felt great to know that so many people loved the movie, and the actors that they picked for the roles. I took a bite of cereal and then weighed the options between a new X-Men movie, which I was more leaning towards, and a new Tv show. I would have to go in for both auditions, even if I didn't get any of them. I placed the cereal bowl in the sink, and then got dressed. I put on a leather jacket and boots and headed out from my apartment. I rolled my eyes, as I looked out of my window. The paparazzi were already outside, waiting for me. "Hey Ava, when's the last movie coming out?"

"Are you dating your costar Chase?"

"What happened between you two?"

"How's your love life?" All of the questions were so annoying and personal, so I just walked through them and got in my car. I sped out of the parking lot, and making sure that none of the paparazzi followed me. I turned onto the highway, heading to the set for a music video. It wasn't my music video of course; I was doing a cameo for 5 Seconds of Summer. Barbara, my agent, recieved a call from one of their managers, saying that they wanted me to come in for the music video. I obviously took the chance, since I was a huge fan of them. We did some papework, and soon I ended up here.

I pulled into the parking lot next to the building where we will be filming. When I walked in, I was greeted by so many people shaking my hand and kissing my cheek. I awkwardly said hello, wondering how the boys put up with them. They then took me straight into hair and makeup. This was the acting life; being made into someone you're not. I've always loved to dress up and pretend to be someone else, pretend to solve their problems instead of facing your own.

The hairdresser applied light makeup and curled my hair, until I had loose brown waves. I've heard the song before and more of their music, and I honestly loved it. Every song of their's has sort of a punk-pop tune to it, and it's one of the main reasons that they're different from our modern day music. I then pushed my hair to one side, but it flew out of place as I almost tripped out of the makeup chair. I gave a quiet laugh, as I regained my balance. The makeup artist smiled and then whispered to me, "It's ok, Calum always falls out of it." Before I could even reply, multiple hands were on me, guiding me every which way. It wasn't until I landed in their dressing room. When I stumbled in, I was greeted with 8 eyes staring at me. All four boys looked up from their phones at me. Calum spoke up first saying, "You must be Ava, I'm Calum. We're really lucky to have an amazing actor like you here." he said, smiling.

I blushed, but then replied, "Thank you, but it's great to meet all of you, I'm a huge fan actually. I have almost all your songs on my phone, if that doesn't sound crazy." I said laughing a little.

"Holy-oh my god you played in Captain America!" Michael leapt from the couch, hugging me. My part in the Captain America movie was so small I don't know how he remembered me. "Sorry we are a little touchy." he said. These guys shouldn't be too bad to deal with.

"But really Ava, we are fans of you too." Ashton said, extending his hand out for me and giving me his dimpled smile.

"Seriously, you guys are too much." I said laughing again. A crew member then knocked on the door of the dressing room, and told us that we should start filming now. Just as he walked away, Michael groaned loud enough for the crew member to hear across the hall. He turned around and just rolled his eyes at Michael. "He looks like a pain in the ass." I said. Luke then spoke up, which hasn't happened in the last five minutes that we met, and said, "Oh he is. Always bossing us around like he's the..well... boss." He chuckled, as suddenly his blue orbs met my brown ones. I couldn't look away from those blue eyes, so I quickly said, "Trust me, I've worked with worse." Luke then broke his gaze and cleared his throat. He scratched the back of his neck, and then we all proceeded to walk onto the set. We were filming for abour four hours when we called for a break. We ran to the table, filled with the food that they provided us with. Most of it was fruit covered in Nutella, which we didn't mind at all. Ashton joined us later, since he claimed he was busy Keeking. Michael wouldn't stop talking about Pokémon, Calum got kind of mad when Ashton hadn't included him in the selfie he took, and Luke was just pushing the food around his plate. I leaned in to whisper to Luke and said, "Are they always like this?" He laughed and I joined him.

"Nah, we're a serious band, we swear. But most of the time, yes." Calum stared at us for a few seconds, and then put a hand over his chest, mocking how hurt he was. "Luke Hemmings, how dare you say that about our band." Ashton interrupted and said, "Wow Hemmings, that hurt. You cold person." Luke reached across the table and slapped the back of Ashton's head. These boys were absolutely funny and ridiculous. They were adults physically, but still kids at heart.

Luke and I got to talking more, and surprisingly we had a lot more in common than expected. We all got along perfectly, actually, and we shared the same taste in music. They were my new best friends, which was weird to say, considering I only met them a couple of hours ago. Soon, the same crew member came back in the room, looking uncomfortable as he tried to avoid Michael's gaze. We all tried to contain our laughter, but none of us succeeded. Luke began to giggle, and the crew member shot him a look. "Look dude, we're just messing with you. It's cool." Michael said. The crew member seemed to relax a little from his words.

"Just kidding, we get ten more minutes for lunch." Michael then shooed him away, and we all burst out in laughter, as soon as he left the room. I interrupted the laughter by saying, "Won't we get in trouble?"

"Don't you know? Michael's too punk rock for this stuff." Ashton said.

"And he gets on my nerves, but mostly the punk rock part." We all continued to finish our lunch, laughing until our insides hurt. This was seriously going to be an interesting friendship.

A/N: Thanks for reading! I edited this chapter a lot, so I'm sorry if it's short :( I might post the second chapter by next week or the following, it depends. And I know that my cover kinda sucks... Anyways, thanks again for reading!