Rewind

Sorry that last one was really venty.

Not Jason's POV just some flashbacks. (you'll never know if he dead or not)

"It's my birthday! It's my birthday!" A smol blonde little boy jumped on his bed.

"That's right, sweetie!" His, visibly pregnant, mother smiled. "How old are you?"

"Six!" He grinned. "I'm a big kid now!" His mother chuckled.

"Big kids eat their vegetables!" His mother reminded him.

"Broccoli is poisonous!" He complained. "Jack told me so!"

"Oh, Jacey." His mom smiled at the brown eyed boy. "Broccoli's perfectly fine."

"Jack lied again!" Jason pouted. "Mean brother! Not you, George!" He clarified to the four year old.

"I'm not mean!" Jack yelled from across the room.

"Happy birthday, kid!" His father appeared at the door of the only room in the apartment.

"Birthday! Birthday!"  Jason jumped up and down. "It's my birthday!"

They didn't have much. But they had each other and that was enough.

"I got you something, bro." The older boy had a neatly wrapped box in his hands. The box was wrapped with green paper and tied with a blue ribbon.

"Thank you!" Jason smiled. He gently untied the bow and untaped the paper. Inside was a book that said "Sketch" with colored pencils and fancy dancy art pencils.

"Do you like it?" Jack asked the grinning child.

"I love it!" The small child exclaimed. "I'll draw now!"

^Actually My sister's old art^

"Wow! That's amazing!" Jack cheered. "You're a great artist already!"

"Thank you!" Jason practically screamed. "You're the best!"

New flashblack (4-ish years later)

"No! No he's not. You're lying!" Jason refused. "I don't believe you."

"I'm sorry, Jacey." His mother whimpered. "But it's true."

"You're lying!" The blonde haired boy refused. "Jack's only 16, it's not possible."

"It can happen anytime," His mother broke to him. "It was his time."

His father stood, staring at a blank spot in the wall. Questions rushed like a hurricane in his brain. Why? How? Who?

"This is just a cruel joke!" The ten year old decided.

"Jason. We're sorry. But it's not any joke." She whispered. His seven year old brother looked broken. His four year old sister just looked sad. But the three year old boy was just confused.

"It's a lie! I'll find him myself if I have to!" Jason yelled, shoving a light blue jacket on. "He probably just got lost!"

"Jason, he's not lost." His mother repeated.

"Yes. He is." The boy decided. Jason stomped through New York. He searched every inch. He wasn't there.

They didn't lie.

Wow that was sad. New flashback. (14 year old Jason)

Jason was sort of over the death of his brother. His coping mechanism? Work. The more work, the less time to think about things.

At 5:00am he woke up and put on his uniform. He'd work in Walmart until 7:45, then off to hell—school. School.

After school, more work. Anywhere. Come home at midnight and sleep for five hours. Then repeat. He'd have money, he'd help pay rent and for food.

Jason pulled a dark blue shirt over his head. He fixed his belt. He combed through his hair. At last, he was ready.

"Hi welcome to Walmart. How can I help you?" The still tired Jason asked. Luckily, she did need help. Work.

"Hi. Welcome to chili's- Walmart. You're at Walmart." An exhausted Jason reminded them.

This unhealthy.

He finally stumbled home and crashed into his bed. What a day. For a little 8th grader.

"Jason." Jason looked up and saw his father, distraughtly, say the worst words he's ever heard. "Your mother died.

He blacked out. He doesn't know what happened after that. The rest of 8th grade and all of high school is blank.

Jason's last thoughts

I locked the door. I hurt him. I need to be hurt too. Jack, mom, I'll see you soon.