The circle of life and death

John POV

"So it really happened. He tried to kill himself." We were laying on our bed.

"Yup. He's inches away from death because he heard me," Alex whimpered. "I've done so many awful things. It should've been me."

"Don't say that!" I warned him. "Your life is just as important as anyone else's! I love you."

"Promise me."

"What?"

"Promise you'll never leave me again. I have so many things I worry about. You are the only person that makes me feel like I belong." He admitted.

"Why wouldn't you belong, Lex?" I asked.

"I've done almost everything wrong!" He spoke, sounding hurt by himself. "Just...promise. You could do so much better than me. Promise you won't hurt me. Everyone I've ever loved died. Except you. Promise you won't leave me."

"I promise I would never leave you." I promised.

"I love you so much."

"I love you, too."

Evelyn POV

The nurse invited us into the hospital room. I sat down in the chair next to his bed. My gaze drifted down down to his face. I could feel my anxiety intensify.

Not again. It's happening. Another panic attack.

(Also I don't know what panic attacks are like I'm probably wrong don't be offended)

I feel like I'm going to die. I started hyperventilating. Then my vision blurred. All I remember is to tilt my head back.

It's easier to breath. What was the other thing? I could hear the nurse and my friends freaking out.

Someone was saying something to me but I couldn't hear. My vision was blurred, and I could barely hear them speaking.

Why did this cause the worst panic attack I've ever had?

I could only feel soft skin touching my shoulder. My breathing slowed a bit. Whoever it was was telling me I would be okay.

The panic slowed as they rubbed my back. I opened my eyes and loosened my grip on the chair arms. I took a deep breath.

"Th-Thank you." I stuttered. I looked up to see Jason. Blush dusted across my face. "Jason! Are you okay?"

"Um...I'm fine," he shrugged. "I'll be fine."