DON'T PANIC

Looking down towards the letter, Minho could feel the beginning of a smile tug at the corners of his lips. He hadn't predicted that after only a few letters sent between the two, they'd already be past the start line and into the world of texting. It was weird, because although he hardly knew a lot about this person, Minho felt undoubtedly comfortable talking to them. He could sense the truth lacing each word written on the three pieces of paper he had kept, so he decided to just go for it.

"Screw it," he mumbled with the slight shake of his head, grabbing his phone from wherever it'd landed on his bed. Quickly pulling up his contact log, he tapped the plus button and typed in the phone number written at the bottom of the paper.

Me
Is this H.J?
7:03 am

H.J
The one and only.
7:06 am

Me
Sorry for taking so long to reply.
7:14 am

Me
When the clocks strike 7 am, breakfast calls.
7:14 am

H.J
This is L.M then?
7:15 am

H.J
I don't eat breakfast.
7:15am

Me
It is... and I thought breakfast was the most important meal of the day. Have I been lied to?
7:16 am

H.J
Eh.. It makes me nauseous. Do we have to be so formal over messages?
7:17 am

Me
Of course not. I like making a decent first impression, so I only assumed being so formal would do it.
7:18 am

H.J
So, "L.M".. Tell me about yourself. Other than the "my favorite color is black it's not a shade".
7:20 am

Me
Hmm.. I'm not sure. I already told you butterflies terrify me, which is the most interesting thing about me. What else?
7:21 am

Me
Oh! I listen to a lot of English music... even though I can't understand it.
7:21 am

H.J
I know some english, but I'm not too good at speaking it.. Oh, by the way, are you a boy?
7:22 am

Me
You might just have to teach me something someday. And I am indeed. What about you?
7:23 am

H.J
Classified information 😎 Unless you can guess..
7:23 am

Me
Another fact about me: I'm not a good guesser. At all...
7:23 am

Me
Girl?
7:24 am

H.J
Maybe. Maybe not.
7:24 am

Me
Give me a hint.
7:24 am

H.J
Hmm..
7:25 am

H.J
What kind of hint?
7:25 am

Me
Any that'll lead me to believe if you're a girl or not.
7:25 am

H.J
For all you know I'm a girl who enjoys guy things
7:25 am

Me
And that is quite possible.
7:26 am

H.J
When I rap I sound like a prepubescent little girl.
7:26 am

Me
That's what you think. Who knows what you'd sound like to everyone else.
7:26 am

H.J
Touché. I don't show anyone my work, though
7:27 am

Me
I was going to ask why not, but I doubt that'd get me any further.
7:27 am

Me
Where's my second hint?
7:27 am

H.J
Up your ass, my friend.
7:28 am

H.J
Did I scare you off?
7:35 am

Me
No, I just wasn't expecting that.
7:36 am

H.J
Sorry if I came off as rude.. Sometimes I don't think.
7:36 am

Me
Don't worry about it. I don't have the emotions of a child, so you're all good.
7:37 am

H.J
I suppose I'll just tell you. I'm also a boy
7:37 am

Me
It all makes sense now.
7:38 am

H.J
What's that supposed to mean?
7:38 am

Me
Nothing.
7:39 am

H.J
Oh.. alright then. I have to go. My moms calling me.
7:42 am

Me
Alright, talk to you later, I guess.
7:42 am

Read 7:42 am

Shaking his head a second time that morning, Minho shut his phone off, tossing it back onto his bed with a thud. He felt as if he had done, or maybe said, something to tick the younger boy off, but he forced himself to remember that assuming wouldn't do him nor anyone any good. So he pushed himself off the bed, and waltzed his way back downstairs to put his empty bowl, once filled with cereal, to rinse.