EASY TO PLEASE

The rush Minho felt when he danced was unexplainable, euphoria filling his veins and a certain sense of calmness overwhelming his entire being as he lost himself in the music and the movement.

With the upcoming show approaching, Minho was working harder than ever to perfect the dances, not only for his team but for himself as well. There was something so satisfying about knowing that he performed to his greatest abilities, and he had every intention of giving it his all.

As the music faded out and everyone dispersed to get themselves refreshments, the auditorium doors opened with a distinct click, a head full of blonde hair peeking in to check in on the rehearsal.

A smile had quickly found its way to Minho's lips. He hadn't been able to fix a repeating problem he found in his dance, and it was causing stress to build up inside him like legos, yet seeing the one person that made him happiest was like a metaphorical breath of fresh air. Jisung had always managed to make him feel at home, even when he felt too far from there.

"Hey," the older male grinned, his stress seeming to wash away that very second. "What're you up to?"

Gently reaching up to push Minho's bangs away from his forehead, Jisung shrugged. "Just wanted to see you dance today," he mumbled, glancing around to see if anyone happened to be watching them; though, no one was. "How's the routine going?"

Feeling the smile fall from his lips, Minho quickly looked to the ground. He wasn't happy with himself when reminded of the fact that he wasn't getting the dance down quick enough. His frustration in itself was skyrocketing, and it felt impossible to grab hold of.

"It sucks," he muttered, trying to keep his annoyance from seeping over to the happy blonde in front of him. He didn't want to ruin what energy Jisung had found in the last day; the one to get him out of bed and into the world again, yet he couldn't help but want to give up. Dance wasn't flowing as easily before, and so he blamed it on his lack of practice and overall effort put into it lately.

"I keep screwing it up for the rest of our group," he quietly added on, watching as the blonde's face morphed into a look of guilt. Although he wasn't a dancer himself, he knew it took a lot for someone as confident in their hobby as Minho to say they were dragging everyone behind.

"You're doing the best you can..." Jisung trailed off towards the end of his sentence after seeing that the older simply shook his head in defeat.

Squeezing the bridge of his nose to relieve some of the pressure in his face, Minho sighed. "My best isn't good enough." Dropping his hand back to its original spot, he simply stared at Jisung, waiting for a reply of any sort.

Nodding his head towards the back of the stage where the curtains lied closed, the blonde motioned for the boy to follow. Minho was immediately flooded with a sense of deja vu, because this was also the beginning of one of their first more special moments together.

Following his boyfriend, despite his underlying assumptions of never being able to perfect the dance, Minho listened to the rhythmic sounds of their footsteps in sync as they removed themselves from the view of others.

Out of sight and out of mind like before, the two were alone. It was rare people went backstage during practice- mainly because there were nothing but props and creepy shadows- yet the chestnut haired boy grew accustomed to either being there alone, or with Jisung whenever he showed up.

Reaching up, Jisung cupped the slightly taller boy's face between both hands in hopes of keeping his attention focused and unwavering. He hated seeing Minho beat himself up over not being able to correct a silly mistake, yet his words weren't enough of a call to reality. Deciding that his actions would speak louder than words anyway, Jisung promptly pressed his lips against the elders in an attempt to give him some form of anchoring to the world.

The blonde put everything he had in him into the kiss, letting his body say everything that he could not form into comforting words for his boyfriend. Minho reacted instantaneously, hands resting on Jisungs hips as familiar memories of their same actions from not that long ago came flooding back to him. The boy felt like putty in the youngers hands, melting into the kiss just as soon as it had started.

Their lips seemed to mold together perfectly, like two pieces from two completely different puzzles that, despite their differences, were meant to fit together anyway. Feeling intoxicated and lost when it came to pouring every piece of him into the exchange, Minho felt his worries momentarily fade away. There was only Jisung, and maybe there only had ever been Jisung.

It was more than lips on lips, more than the skin on skin contact to them. Every gasp, every pause for air that was filled with self conscious smiles was so much more than just a kiss to them.

It was Jisungs way of showing Minho that no matter what, even in the elders darkest times when dawn just seemed too far from reach, he would always be right there beside him.

_______________

i love emma. ~ felix