*22*

I can hear the desperation in her voice as I walk away

I can hear the desperation in her voice as I walk away. But I know who she's going to choose. I wasn't going to make her before she was ready.

They always choose him in the end

The only one that hadn't was Jemma, and well... That didn't turn out well.

I go find my little sister who's in the game room with Matty.

"Hey, guys. Are you good with Mama and Ella watching you tonight?"

The two nod, but Jasmine is a little more hesitant. She runs up to me and I crouch down to her level.

"I have a bad feeling," she whispers "something is going to go wrong."

"I believe you Jazy. I'll be extra careful ok? I'm even the DD."

"Here," she runs to one of her cubbies and grabs a small object on a purple string. It's a ring. "Wear this. It kept me safe. Mama too."

I put the necklace on and smile. "Of course."

"Are you going with V?" She asks as she starts swinging back and forth.

"She didn't pick me Jazy."

"But she did! She has to!"

"Whatever you say." I kiss her on the forehead.

I do whatever Jazy says. Shes almost always right. She's been able to do that since she could talk. She has been wrong about two things. When dad was gonna die, and this.

My dad died at one of these parties. Thanks to the tyrants of Zeus.

Zeus convinced Posieden that we were after them and their business. I would never think of it, and it was against my father's morals.

We had no idea of this and walked into a trap. He died that day.

She said he was going to die soon, three months ahead.

And Vicki's chosen Michael. Not me.

I go change into my party attire. As I put on my black jeans and a black t-shirt, I think about everything that had happened in the last three weeks. I think about the first day. When I saw her grace the hallways for the first time. When I picked her up for the first time. When she met jasmine for the first time...

Everything...

When I look up from my bed, a blue sleeve catches my eye.

I stand up and walk into the large closet, putting my hand on the sleeve as I walk in.

The jacket she bought me on the second night.

I pull it off the velvet hanger and slip it on.

I look in the long mirror, and I can feel the burning sensation in my eyes, but I refuse to acknowledge it.

I rub my eyes and take a deep breath, focusing on everything around me.