Chpt.23

AN//Yall keep in mind in this book it's 2 Marcus's I accidentally made that mistake, the first Marcus is Zoey and Zaniyah Father and then the second one is Amyiah's boyfriend....Now that that's out the way...Marcus Zoey and Zaniyah father is the one that shot Ashlyn's real father during the war.

Ashlyn:💛

I was at my mom's house because I was helping Christian with some big history project

"Hey where dad,I wanna ask him something"I had asked Christian.

"He in his office with Lucas"

I nodded and got up out of my seat and went down the hall to Amar's office.

I was about to walk in but I heard them talking so I just listened at the door.

"Man I gotta tell you something Mar,During the war we saw Duke"Lucas told Amar

"What you mean you saw Duke Lucas?He's dead we seen him drop dead years ago"

"Yea man that's what I thought too until I actually saw him just right there,He been alive Devin helped him to the hospital and somehow he stayed alive."

"So where is he?"

"Marcus shot him,Look I don't even know who was in the room with him but I know Duke he sneaky somebody most likely helped him that night of the war and if he still alive he coming to take all of us down."

"So what about Seven and Ashlyn what we tell them?"

"I wasn't gone tell them but it's best that they know he's alive"

"Alright man"Amar responded.

I just stopped listening and start crying.

"Ashlyn?"I heard Christian down the hall.

I quickly wiped my eyes and went back out to the dining room.

"You okay?"He asked me.

I gave him a small smile and nodded.

We finished the project but I just kept thinking the same thing over and over again.

Why didn't he come back?If he was alive all these years why didn't he come back to his family?

Lucas and Amar came out of the office and into the dining room where we were.

"Uh Christian give me Ashlyn and Seven a minute we need to talk about something"Amar said.

Christian nodded and went upstairs.

"Sev,Ash y'all might want to sit down for this"Lucas said.

We sat down on the couch and they started to speak.

"So the night of the war I saw Duke and we shared a few words before he shot me in the leg and uh before he could pull the trigger again Marcus shot him twice in the chest"Lucas told us.