Chapter forty-two.

April 31, 1976

"Wake up, dear," I hear a soft voice above me. "Roger, what time is it?" I groan, rubbing my eyes.

"Roger isn't hear, just your good old Fred," he says. I sit up and open my eyes to see that it is in fact Freddie Mercury.

"Where's Roger?" I ask. "He has a meeting this morning about a drum endorsement. They called him last minute last night, you were probably sleeping, and asked to meet him this morning," he explains.

I frown a bit, wondering why he didn't wake me up to say bye. "Look, darling, he left you a note!" He reaches over to the bedside table and picked up a small piece of paper.

"Sorry I left without notice. I'll be back soon, baby, and when I do I want you on the bed nak-"

"Freddie!" I yell, snatching the note from his hand. I quickly read over it and see that Freddie was making that up. He burst into a fit of laughter when I glare at him.

The note actually says,

Sorry I had to leave on short notice without a goodbye. I left Fred with you so you could get breakfast together and go shopping. Love you baby.

"Well, where do you want to eat?" I ask him, setting the note back in its original place.

***

"Let's get a dress!" Freddie runs past me and into a small boutique. "Fred!" I call after him.

I quickly threw my food away and followed after him. When I found him, he was pushing through a rack of black dresses.

"I don't want to waste my money on a dress I don't need, Freddie," I say. He ignores me and holds up a very scandalous, black dress. He shoves it forward as if to see what it would look like on me.

"Your boyfriend is rich, darling." I roll my eyes and push it away. "I'm not using his money," I tell him.

"Darling, he insisted this morning to use it. He knows you well. He said you wouldn't use his so he replaced your card with his," he smirks.

I grab my coin purse out of my bag and grab my card out of it. Well I grabbed Roger's card. He really did replace it. Fred bought us food so I haven't noticed until now.

I roll my eyes but can't hold back my huge smile. "Come on, Ellie. Let's buy a dress. You can wear it for Roger as a thank you," he convinced me.

"If I want to impress Roger, you are looking the wrong section. He loves red," I say.

After buying a beautiful red dress, Freddie said he needed to get me home.

***

"Wow, Ellie. That looks absolutely stunning on you, dear," Freddie compliments me. I do little twirl with a smile on my face.

"You did a good job picking this out, Fred," I tell him. He nods his head and stands up from the couch in my room.

"I have to get going now, my dear," he says. I give him a hug and walk him to the door. "Oh, and Roger told me to give this to you." He hands me a folded slip of paper and swiftly exits the room.

Opening the paper, I quickly read over it with a smile.

Ellie,

Meet me at the first place we met. Keep the dress on, you look beautiful.

-Roger

I roll my eyes and giggle because he hasn't even seen me in my dress. I grabbed a purse and shoes then hoped in the car.

***

Now find the next clue at the first place we hung out alone. Enjoy the flowers. I bought your favorite color, yellow.

I pick up the bouquet of yellow flowers that say on the table in the studio. Taking a quick smell, I shoved the note in my purse and quickly went to the next location, the bar he got drunk at that one night and I carried him back to my place.

***

I know you must be desperate to see me, love. I promise this is the last stop without me. Come to me at the location of our first date and tell the hostess my name.

-Roger Taylor.

p.s. please put on this necklace. It will look fantastic on you.

My heart swoons as I open the little box that holds the chain. I locked it on and practically ran back to my car.

He's right, I am very desperate to see him. I was thinking about why he would be doing all this when it suddenly hit me, he's going to propose isn't he?

Roger Taylor is going to ask me to marry him. My hands got sweaty on the steering wheel with anticipation. He told me this was coming soon, but I didn't expect it this early.

***

Upon walking into the fancy restaurant, I notice that it is completely empty, Roger must have rented it out.

"Uh, hello. I'm Ellie Richards, I'm looking for Roger Taylor," I say to the hostess. She smiles and says, "Right this way ma'am. I must say, you look very lovely."

"Thank you," I smile. She leads me to a table near the back where I spot Roger fiddling with his fingers nervously.

Once I make it to the table, his head points up to me. He shoots out of his chair to run to my side of the table then proceeds to pull my chair out for me.

"You look radiant, my love," he compliments me, kissing my lips softly. I close my eyes and blush. "You are looking very handsome yourself," I tell him.

He smiles and sits back in his seat across from me. He grabs my hand that sits in the table as a waiter comes and sets food in front of us.

"I order ahead of time," Roger answers my unasked question. When my eyes meet his, he quickly looks at his food and picks up his fork.

He drops it on the floor and leans over in his chair to pick it up. He fumbles for a second on the ground before popping back up, hiting his head on the table in the process.

"You seem nervous. Is there something you'd like to tell me, or ask me," I quirk an eyebrow at him.

"Um, no, dear. I'm just Uh, happy to see you," he stutters. "Hmm," I hum before digging into my food. Roger continues to awkwardly clammer around and mess up his words in conversations.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask him, smirking secretly because I know what's got him this way.

"Y-Yes, love," he assures me. "Okay, Whatever you say," I wave it off as dessert is brought to us.

"You know what, fuck it," he shrugs his shoulders. He quickly slips off his seat and kneeled on one knee beside me.

He grabs my hand tightly in mine as my heart starts to beat rapidly and my vision begins to blur from the happy tears I'm trying to hold back.

"Ellisie Rose Richards, I had a whole speech written out but I'm so nervous right now that I've forgotten it. One thing that I will never forget, is my love for you. I'm not lying when I tell you I love you more than anything. You really do make me the happiest man on earth," he says. I bring my free hand up to my mouth and hold back the sobs, though tears were steaming down my face.

"Will you please, please, please be my wife, Ellie?" He asks, pulling out a white box from his pocket. He opens it, revealing a silver band with a medium size crystal with two small ones beside it.

I nod my head violently and manage to cry out, "Yes, yes, yes, yes." He slips the ring on my finger and I lean forward, going into his embrace and kissing beneath his ear sweetly.

"Roger, I love you so much," I whisper, as he holds me tight. "I love you too, Ellie," he tells me.