Chapter forty.

January 25, 1976

"Roger, look at this magazine I found at the store," I say, walking into our apartment.

He pokes his head out of the kitchen and sees that bags in my hands. He sets his cup down and paces over to me, taking the bags away from me.

"What is it, Ellie?" He asks, setting them on the counter. "This magazine has a whole article about you and me. When we went to that club last month," I explain.

I hand him the little booklet where on the front cover is a picture of Rog and me leaving the club. In bold letters it says 'Scandalous Night Out'.

He laughs and flips through the pages until he finds the article. He reads a section out loud, "Roger Taylor is joined by his girlfriend, Elisie Richards, in a frisky night at the club. The couple was pictured sharing kisses on the dance floor."

We laugh and read a bit more of the article before putting it away on our bookshelf.

"Did you get everything you needed, love?" He asks me, pointing to the bags. Since we are leaving tomorrow for the tour, I had to pick up a few things at the store. After all, this isn't a little vacation; we will be gone for three months.

"Yeah, I think so," I nod my head. "Let's get packed then," he says.

***

"Goodbye London," I whisper as the plane flies high above the landscape.

"Are you excited, love?" Roger asks me, taking my hand that was on the armrest. "I can't wait!" I tell him.

"This is going to be absolutely magical!" I say. He chuckles and kisses my cheek. "It sure is, Ellie," he agrees.

***

"Welcome to America, and close your mouth dear, you might get flies," Freddie says as we leave the plane.

We are in New York City. Brian puts a finger on my chin and closes my mouth shut. "It's quite fantastic, I know," he says.

"Brian! This is the perfect place for a photoshoot! I've read about a wonderful, green park here too!" I tell them, clapping my hands together in excitement.

"Come on, I know a good bar down this way," John tells us. "What about our luggage?" I ask. All we have is our carry on bags.

"It's being delivers to our rooms, dear," Roger explains. He grabs my book-bag and sticks out his elbow, signaling me to grab it. What a gentleman.

"Look, there are some sketchy people here so do not let go and if you do, don't leave my sight," he warns me.

"Right," I nod my head, uneasily. I tried to keep an eye on everyone around me without looking creepy.

"Baby, you're alright," Roger chuckles, noticing my tensed state. I sigh and peck his cheek.

***

Roger's pov

"John, Brian," I nod my head to the two and sit with them at the table. Freddie and Ellie went on a shopping spree. Even though I definitely don't trust Freddie and her to be alone because they'll probably wind up getting arrested or some other dumb shit, I needed to talk to Brian and John.

"Morning, Rog," John smiles, sipping his tea. "Hey, um, before Ellie and Fred get back, can I ask you something," I whisper, leaning in so as if someone would hear.

"Yeah, what's in your mind?" Brian asks. "I think I want to ask Ellie to marry me," I tell them. "You think?" John asks.

"No. I know," I nod my head. "Good, because if you think, you'll have second thoughts," Brian chuckles.

"Yeah, well it's too late for that. I got her a ring," I say, reaching in my pocket and setting the box on the table.

John sets his cup down quickly and slowly opens the small black box. Inside is a golden ring with a red diamond. It's not very big but it's not small. It has two white diamonds beside it as well.

I knew that if I bought her a big one, she would tell me it was too much.

"Wow, this is beautiful, Roger," John says. "Yeah, that's a nice piece of jewelry," Brian agrees. "Thank you lads, I hope Ellie will think so too," I say.

"She's going to love it," they assure me. "Do you," I start, "do you think I'm ready to be married?"

"Ellie balances you out. I you two will do great. It might be hard and bumpy at first but I know you will be able to tackle that together," Brian tells me.

"Yes, you and Ellie are absolutely perfect for each other," John nods his head in agreement.

"Thank you guys, really. This means a lot to me," I say. "Anytime, Rog. Good luck mate," Brian says.

"He won't even need it," John smirks. "Hello, darlings!" Freddie yells. I grab the box and quickly shove it in my pocket.

"Did you buy the whole store?" Deaky asks. Freddie and Ellie each have about ten bags each. "Damn. Do you have any money left?" I ask.

"Oh shut up you too," Ellie giggles. She dumps all the bags down and walks to me. "Make room," she says then takes a seat on my lap.

She gasps and leans into my ear. "Excited to see me?" She whispers, giggling. I didn't understand at first but it hit me; she's sitting on the ring box and thinks it's...

"Maybe a little," I say. "Y'know, I've never made love in New York," she teases. "What are you suggesting, you naughty girl," I chuckle.

"What do ya say we ditch them," she nods her head to the guys, "and have some fun in the hotel room."

Now that is something I can't say no to. "Hell Yeah," I say, shaking my head eagerly. She laughs and stands up, grabbing a few bags before I snatch the rest.

Must be a gentleman. "I'm going to help Ellie unpack all this," I make up an excuse for the boys. They all say good bye and Freddie winks mouthing, "have fun" I roll my eyes and follow her to the elevators.

•••

Omg. FIVE THOUSAND VIEWS! I'm going to write a little bonus chapter for you guys as a thank you.

You guys are awesome<3

Also, I'm going to doing big time skips on the next few chapters because the epilogue will be within the next 2-5 chapters probably.

So, should I write a sequel? What do you guys think?