Chapter thirty nine.

"That's a long line, Rog," I say, looking at the people waiting to get inside the club. "Don't worry, he knows me," he tells me, nodding his head to the bouncer.

He parks the car and hops out. "You better not get wasted because I don't want to drive," I tell him. He chuckles and throws his arm around my waist.

We walk to the front of the line and the bouncer lets us in. Once inside, I see that this is not an ordinary club.

It's would be pitch black if not for the brain lights that were hung on the walls. There are tables in every corner and two large bars. A dance floor sits in the front of the room covered with people.

"Hello, Mr. Taylor, can I get you something to drink?" A worker asks him. This must be one of those fancy private clubs you read about in magazines.

Roger orders a drink for the both of us then leads me to an empty table. He pulls me onto his lap despite my protest.

"Roger, there's a lot of people here," I say, trying to push him away. "Nobody's watching," he whispers, trying to kiss me.

"Roger, not now," I fuss. "Fine, but I expect something from you tonight," he tells me. I instantly turn red and climb off his lap.

"Your drinks," a waiter says, setting down two shots. Roger slides one over to me and downs the other one.

"I'll be right back, I'm heading to the washroom," he tells me. He stands up and quickly walks away.

I gulp down the shot and patiently wait for him. After a few minutes, I see a mop of blonde hair by the guy who is playing records for everyone to dance to.

That's probably not Roger. Why would he be talking to him anyways? Not long after, Rog returns to the table and pulls me out of the booth, grabbing my hand.

"Let's dance," he says, pulling me into the crowd of people. I try to ignore the prying stares of the strangers surrounding us as Roger's spins me around.

I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "You're bad at dancing," I tell him. "You're not any better," He fusses. I laugh as we continue to dance as the song comes to an end.

There is a big pause. They must be switching records. My assumption was confirmed when I hear the signature scratch of the needle hitting a vinyl.

I was surprised to hear the song, Something, begin to play. "This is a club, I thought they only played disco here," I say in confusion.

"Hmm, guess they made an exception today," Roger says, shrugging his shoulders with a big smile on his face.

He rests his hands on my waist and pulls me as close as possible. "Let's take advantage of it, love," he whispers in my ear. I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder, totally content.

He hums the tune softly as we sway back and forth together. I look around the room and notice a bit of a crowd forming around us. Not a big one, just a few people.

I lift my head from his shoulder and move my hands from his chest to around his neck.

"Everyone's starring Rog," I whisper, looking around nervously. He follows my gaze and smiles. "Then let's put on a show for them," says mischievously.

Before I could ask what he means, I feel his lips in a searing kiss against mine. Suddenly forgetting about the people, I tangle my hands in his hair, pulling him closer.

He smirks against my lips and slowly pulls away. My cheeks blaze red, realizing that people are still watching. "Can we go back to the table?" I whisper, looking forward at his chest.

"Are you embarrassed, love?" he teases. "No. I'm just, not used to all the people," I say. He leans down and pecks my nose. "You're too cute, Els," he says in my ear, nipping it. Such a tease.

"Roger, the songs over," I manage to say. "Hmm, I didn't even notice," he says, standing back up straight. "Let's go sit then," he finally agrees.

He pulls me through the small crowd of people and we finally sit back in the booth. He keeps his arm tightly around my waist as he orders two drinks.

"This dress looks so good on good on you, Ellie," he whispers, Messing with the hem. His fingers dance across my legs, sending tingles everywhere.

A guy comes shortly after with our drinks. Since I'm sitting at the end, I lean over to grab them, having to stand up slightly to reach.

When I try to sit back down, I feel Roger's hands on my waist. He pulls me roughly into his lap and whispers, "You need to stop wiggling your ass in my face." He kisses my neck right under my ear making butterflies erupt everywhere.

I bite my lip, not knowing what to say, and pick up my drink. I try to escape his grasp to no success.

"Stop moving," he commands, his voice sounding almost strained. "R-Roger," I stutter as I feel something poking me. He turns me sideways in his lap and immediately attacks my lips with his.

"Let's go home," I say. Without saying anything, he pushes me gently off his lap and bolts out of the booth, pulling me along with him.

We quickly push through the crowds of people and make our way to the front door. Outside, there are a few photographers waiting for us. Their cameras flash as we cover our eyes.

Roger helps me into his car quickly and shuts the door, then climbs into his side. With one hand in the wheel and one in my leg, he pulls out of the parking space and heads down the road, going as fast as he can.

I giggle when he gets frustrated at a red light that forces him to stop. We eventually make it home and Roger whisks me away to our room.

***

"Morning lovies!" I hear someone sing as a bright light shines in my face. I slowly open my eyes and realize the light is the sun coming through the curtains.

The voice belongs to none other than Freddie Mercury. My eyes widen but I relax when I check to make sure I'm completely covered.

I groan and burry my head in Roger's side. "Come on, get up!" Freddie says, clapping his hands together obnoxiously.

"It's too early, Fred," Roger mumbles, throwing an arm over his eyes to block out the sun. "It's eleven o'clock for goodness sake!" Freddie says.

"Now get up and put some cloths on. We are taking you out for brunch," he tells us before walking out.

I roll over and sigh. Freddie always has to come in and ruin my peace.