Chapter 4

On the bus ride home, Troy asked for my number. It was really awkward. I gave him it before I got off the bus. I am first stop, it was sad saying goodbye to Troy. My first "Friend".

I walked in the door with a smile. Getting a weird look from my mom, and my Dad who is FINALLY home. My dad only had a weird look because my mom did. He never understood. My mom asked why I had a smile. "Troy. Troy Matthew. What a coincidence! Matthews, Matthew." I smile, yet again, but bigger this time.

My mom doesn't understand at first. I just respond, sounding stupid, "Friend". She comes up and hugs me, excited and full of questions. My dad just stands there, confused. I look up at him, go up and welcome him back, and say hi, and hug him. Sometimes I just want to scream at my dad, but it's not his fault he works for a big company located out-of-town.

After dad eats dinner and goes to bed, mom knocks on my door.

"Come in!" I say, sounding muffled with the food in my mouth.

She opens the door, with force, excited to hear about my day. I have food in my mouth, so she has to wait. She ISNT happy about that. She always tells me I need to eat more, and now she wants me to wait to eat, the one time I'm actually eating! The one time I'm actually hungry! Oh well, it's fun to talk about my perfect day.

I told her all about Troy, and how sweet he was to me. She was so happy. She called my therapist and told her all about it, they made me schedule an appointment. I finish my food happily, without playing IMVU, or cutting, for the first time in years, and go to bed, at 11:00PM.. Happily.