Chapter 42

"Your alive!" I scream.

"Barely." The doctor says for him. "He just wanted to drop by and say hi." She says, and then leaves.

Then I get taken to the mental hospital. My mom immediately asks to take me home, and seeming they don't give a crap, they say okay. On the way home she starts to cry.

"Are you crazy." She mumbles.

"Huh?" I ask looking at her. I know exactly what she's talking about.

"Why Zoey." She asks. I can't tell her he abused me.

"Mom you know why! It's my life and I can do whatever I want! Okay?" I scream, I'm tired of her getting worked up over nothing, and now I seem like I am too.

The rest of the car ride is silence. I have to go to some school dance tonight. I skipped a few days of school because apparently I was asleep at the hospital. Unfortunately I was alive.

I do my hair, makeup, and get dressed into my dress. I put on my Mint Green Vans. I HATE dressy shoes. I get into the car and go to school for the dance. I walk in, Troy is with Danielle and Lynn. Michelle is at the door waiting for me.

"Zoey!" Michelle screams. "You look amazing girl!" She says, hugging me.

"Thanks girly. You too." I fake smile. We walk into the dance. "Shake it off" is on.

Michelle takes my arm and leads me to the bathroom hallway.

"Michelle what are you doing?" I ask her, as she smirks and leads me to the dead end of the hallway. Danielle comes running down the hallway with rose pedals. I look at her.

"Michelle, this is stupid." I start to leave when Lynn pushes me back.

"Zoey please stay." She says. She looks me right in the eye. I see Troy walking down the hallway. I start to panic. Flashback after flashback.

I love you.

I love you more.

Zoey it's okay.

Baby I love you.

Man! I wanted you to lose your virginity to me!

I shake my head. "No." I mumble. Lynn, Danielle, and Michelle all grab my arms. "Guys let go! Stop!" I start to panic even more as he gets closer.

"Zoey. I'm sorry. Will you take me back?" He says. I start to think. I miss him. I miss him. I push the words out of my mouth before I can rethink. "Yes." I say. He picks me up and kisses me.

"I missed you." I say.

"I missed you more." He says and goes back to kissing me.