Chapter 17

I wake up to the sounds of Danielle, Lynn, Michelle, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Troy. Nobody noticed I opened my eyes for what seemed like forever. Lynn was the first to notice. I smiled and waved, still in pain 2 days after the accident, but I didn't show any pain, I acted fine, even though everytime I moved I felt like I was dying.

When I first got noticed, everyone came up and hugged me and family and Troy kissed me. Each little touch made me flinch, but I just said I'm cold. I notice my mom out in the hallway crying. I point to her, in pain. I hope she knows I'm awake. I ask Michelle to go get her, so I can talk to her, as much as I can.

She walks in and I ask everyone to please leave us alone. I love my mother. "Mom.. Why are you upset.." I ask her, scared. She sniffles. "Your right leg is broken and so is your left arm.." She says. I look at her, then give her a confused look. Then I realize.. My arm. MY ARM. NO SHE CANT FIND OUT. My facial expression changes drastically, I went from confused, to just worried. She starts up again, with more force in her voice, "Y-Y-You c-c-u-cut." She says, sounding angry. "YOU COULD'VE DIED" She screams, getting Troy's attention. At this point I'm scared of what she's going to do to me. A tear rolls down my face. "Zoey. Why. WHY. I THOUGHT YOU WERE AFRAID OF BLADES..HUH ZOEY" She screamed.. "G-Get Out.." Is all I could come up with, I wanted everyone out. Troy looks at me, I just close my eyes and take a nap, even though I've been sleeping for 2 days.

After I wake up, I realize they casted me up. These casts are SO annoying. I can't wait to go home. Troy comes in, kisses me, and leaves for school. I have to do this stupid online schooling thing, one is called "Edgenuity" and one is called "Achieve3000" I hate Achieve, it's so ugh.

The nurse comes in and tells me I'm discharged, but they want me to come back every week to check up on my cuts, and my injuries. The medicine I'm supposed to take is nasty.