Chapter 9

My mom, Belle, and dad walk in. My mom knows not to mention what happened at the doctors appointment. She says hi to Troy, and takes Belle to the bathroom. While Dad, is getting food out for us to have. Me and Troy just giggle, and I give him a tour of my house.

It takes 15-30 minutes. At every room Troy stops and touches like everything. It's like he's never been to a store. My room is last. I trust him enough to show him. The PewDiePie posters everywhere, it's okay. He walks in, in surprise and yells "BROFIST!!!!!!" I didn't expect that.

My mom is taking Troy home, I asked to come, but she wants me to stay home and read "If I Stay" so we can go see the movie. My mom is a big read-to-go-see-the-movie person.

If I Stay was a great book. Mom JUST came back. I got tired, so I went to bed. Way earlier than usual. 9:00PM. Wow.

~The Next Morning~

Fruit Loops, as usual. With a laid back outfit. A Chicken Wing shirt, Pink jeans, and Pink Nikes. My hair straight down, hoping Troy will be on the bus.

I get on the bus, without putting in headphones, that's a first. I hear a "Where's your headphones Zoey?" It was Danielle. I whispered "Away." The first public word in awhile. Danielle gave me a worried look. Then noticed Troy sitting down next to me, telling about his dream, she smiled. She figured out I was finally somewhat happy, she was happy for me. It was a nice feeling.

As we arrived at school Troy asked to meet after school, and I texted my mom to ask, and she said it's okay if I go but I must be home at 7:30 for dinner. I told Troy that we were allowed and he told his mom to pick us up after school, and she actually could this time.

For lunch we got Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese. It's really cheesy but it's good. I caught Danielle, Lynn, and Michelle talking to Troy. I'm not the jealous type. So I just smiled knowing he could still make friends while he was friends with me.

By the end of the day I almost forgot about my life troubles at home, and in general. Troys mom took us to Chipotle. I got 3 soft carnitas tacos. Yummy! It was great. I love being able to bond with him after school. It's the best thing I've had in awhile.