Chapter 36

~Zoey's POV~

I can't sleep. It's 4:00AM and I have nothing to do but stare out the window and watch the rain fall. I like to think that the raindrops flowing down my window are having a race. It was my favorite thing to do as a little kid. I open my laptop and go on IMVU. Ew. Troy is online. I'm curious of what he's doing, so I follow him.

xxtroymatthewxx: "Natalie! It's over! I can't do this anymore!"

natlovesyouxo: "No! Troy! Please!"

I take a spot near them, but far away. Natalie keeps trying to kiss him, but everytime she does, he moves, making the kissing stop. Troy notices me. He attempts to kiss me.

daisysxox1223: "Get off!"

I move to a different spot. He tries to kiss me again.

daisysxox1223: "Seriously."

xxtroymatthewxx: "Stop running."

daisysxox1223: "Stop cheating :)"

Honestly, at first I wasn't sure if he was cheating or what. Natalie asked him to Skype. He would always get texts from a girl named Natalie, I thought it was his friend or something, and I wasn't having any doubts. Now I do. I play with my puppy and my cat. I eventually get tired and go to sleep, for all of 2 hours. I wake up to the dinging sound of my phone and my iPad.

Danielle:

Hey. I got our science project done! How are you

Me:

I'm alright. Great! I'm so excited to see the project!

I roll downstairs and eat my usual, Fruit Loops. I go downstairs to the dryer and pick out my clothes. I pick out a long sleeve "Fruit Loops" shirt, and ripped blue skinny jeans. I go upstairs and hug Belle as she's getting out of bed. She hugs me back, she looks confused. I go to curl my hair. I end up putting on makeup while I'm in the bathroom. I put on my mascara, eyeliner, and my lip gloss. I like to think that I'm pretty, but I'm not. I throw on my bookbag, and my coat and I roll out the door, screaming bye to Belle and my mom. I start to shake. At some point I have to face Troy, and finding out the truth. It starts to pour as I'm sitting out at the bus stop. It reminds me of myself. The raindrops symbolize my tears. The clouds symbolize the darkness in my life. Depression. The bus pulls up.

"Good morning Zoey." Barbra says, with that same smile she has on her face everyday.

"Morning Barbra." I whisper, I find my way to the one person seat in the back. I put in my headphones and shut out the world. I listen to "All About That Bass". I watch the bus pull up to Troy's stop. He gets on the bus, fist bumping all his friends. He stops at the back. He looks at me and sighs. I take my headphones out.

"Thanks for breaking my heart." I say. I smile. What a fake smile. I put my headphones back in before he can say anything. I can hear him attempting to talk to me. I turn the music up louder. I throw my necklace at him.

"Take it back." He throws it back.

"Keep it." He says.

"No." I say. I end up keeping it. I start to cry.

900 Reads! So close to 1k!