Arc 2-9: My Handsome King

CHAPTER 9: Saving the Good Doctor

Zia meets up with general Elil outside of palace grounds.

Afterall, without the general, Zia wouldn't have any rights to enter the palace on her own.

The general was calm however his rushed actions showed how serious the situation was.

"What's happened? What are we up to?" Zia inquires, as they pass the guards at the gate.

Once more the architecture awed her, as she's never experienced anything like it.

The general spoke bluntly and to the point. "Doctor Sabin is already kneeling in front of the King, pleading not guilty. If we're fast enough we'll be able to save him!"

Zia nods as they enter the imperial palace halls.

As soon as they stepped foot into the dinning room, they heard an explosive voice. "Guilty! Absolutely guilty! The poison was found in your room doctor. Guards, behead him at once!" The King was obviously outraged. His handsome face was as red as a tomato.

The fl, stood to the side with her head lowered. She was biting her lips as one of her allies she's been investing time and money into was about to die.

"Your highness." The general calls out.

His majesty seems shocked at his presence.

Zia follows the general's actions and bows.

He continues to speak. "Your highness, I've located the real culprit! The good doctor was framed!!"

Zia glances up at the doctor who seemed indifferent to even his own death. He stood coolly, in his clothing. His brown hair was curled, looking like ramen. His brown eyes deep and dull.

It was like he didn't care at all.

Zia got excited.

He was really cool!

As expected of the doctor she took a liking to!!

The King wasn't happy with being corrected.

The general quickly tries to remedy the situation. "I'm your good friend. I of all people am always looking out for your safety, so please allow me to present the real culprit to you."

The King's eyes seem to soften ever so slightly as he nods. He still snorts with indignation however allows the general to stand.

The general gestures at the guards. "Bring in the Culrpit!" He commands.

The doors swing open revealing a disheveled woman. Her poutruding lips were curled into a malicious snarl. Her large eyes were sharp like a wild beast. "Unhand me! Unhand me!!" Her shouts were shrill and painful to listen to.

She was the King's first concubine, concubine Lucy.

The King stares at her with disappointment for her real colours were visible for all to see.

Her eyes well up with tears as the guards let her go. She collapses to the floor in a crying hot mess. "Your majesty, your majesty." Her voice was shaky from too much emotion. "I've been wrongfully accused. Please your majesty, find out the truth."