Arc 4-1: Step on me, Strong Independent Woman!

CHAPTER 1: Darkness

The Overseer opens her eyes, only to see pitch darkness.

Where was she?

She couldn't move.

Suddenly she felt the most terrible pain she has ever felt in her life.

It was as if a million ants were eating her from the inside out. Her body was breaking out into a cold sweat.

Even with her immortal mind, this kind of pain from a mortal body was hell.

Whines of pain escapes her lips, and before she knew it, she was convulsing and rolling on the ground, trying to relieve her pain. Her eyes were bloodshot, as she continues to froth at the mouth.

She didn't even have time to realise that she didn't take over the body she wanted!

Suddenly a soothing voice of a young boy entered her ears. "Sshhsshhhshhhh. Everything's going to be okay. It'll be over soon I promise!" He hugs her tightly trying to restrict her movements.

Currently the Overseer wasn't using any of her strength, and so the boy was able to overpower her quite easily.

The Overseer was becoming delirious. She was fading in and out of consciousness constantly. Her body felt like it was on fire, and other times it was as if she were in Antarctica.

Finally after 2 days of this folly, and the young boy shoveling food into her mouth, the Overseer was able to open her eyes with some clarity. "Where... am I?" Her voice was barely a whisper. Her throat was as dry and sore as a desert.

Still, the young boy understood her scratchy voice. "In the room again. Dad took you out to play this time. But you're fine, see!" The boy manages a crooked smile, however beneath his smiley exterior, the Overseer could see signs of exhaustion and hopelessness.

Her dull blue eye slowly drift over to the chains around her leg. They were imprisoned in this small damp room. There was one small barred window close to the ceiling.

That was their only source of light.

And since she could see most things, she guessed it was daytime.

Still, looking closer at the boy he seemed no older than 12.

They were little children.

She was...

A true child this time.

The Overseer was confused. This was most certainly not the body she was after.

So why is this process always going wrong for her?

The boy became worried at her silence and so he quietly places his lips to her forehead.

The Overseer froze, feeling the warmth transmit from his soft lips through her body. "No fever." He mutters. "Hey, Sana." He whispers. "Why so quiet?"

The Overseer whose head was in the lap of the little boy, attempts to get up. She was incredibly dizzy, however she manages the task. She sends the boy a dirty glare, quickly hurrying to rebuke him. "Well excuse me for not speaking. My throat hurts." She whines.