Arc 8-2: Repent Overseer, Repent.

CHAPTER 2: Remorse

Up ahead through the fog, was a meadow of flowers, with a soothing river flowing by.

The Overseer was curious about who she'll meet here.

The blurry figure became clearer as she approaches them closer.

However when she saw the elegant face, she was shocked.

This mature woman was the first princess of the futuristic world she went to. The one with the trash world below, and the rich island up high.

She was the sister to the female lead who was the fourth princess.

However she was cruel, threatening the investigator the Overseer had hired with his child's finger.

This was because she seemed to be having an illicit relationship with the male lead's father.

However her plan fell apart when the male lead discovered his true heritage and status.

The Overseer had always wondered what happened to this woman. She was curious, however still approached the older woman with caution. "Because of me, you failed in your relationship. For that I am sorry. Please forgive me." She bows apologetically.

The elegant women eyes her cryptically. "Do you have any idea what you've done to me? You caused the love of my life to disappear. You made him discard me. He threw me away as if i were trash, instead giving his attention to his bastard of a son. Because I was shunned, even my father hated me. Hastening my marriage to an old man of a neighbouring alliance. I took my own life, drowning myself in the river. And you expect me to forgive you?"

The Overseer swallows nervously.

No...

It would be cruel if she did.

However she must try. "I am sorry. You were an unintended victim. However that boy deserved to know who his family was. I don't regret it."

Learning from the Entity, she knew she shouldn't degrade herself even if apologising. However she could understand why this woman would hate her.

The woman laughs dryly in response to her words. "In that case, get lost. I won't forgive you."

Perhaps she should've been more sincere?

Her shoulders sag.

The entity sighs, patting her on the back. He really is indulging her...

He leads them down the river side. "You didn't regret your actions?" He questioned her.

The Overseer shakes her head no. "The objective of me going to that world was to help the male lead anyways. She can only blame herself for not catching my eyes and having me on her side."

He pinches her cheek. "Keep your arrogance in check." His smile betrayed his true doting nature. But this is what he loved about her.  Although he was happy she was being true to herself, he still had an itch to make her regret.

In the end he can only blame himself for becoming too soft on her.

She nods dociley, keeping her hands to herself. She had to restrain herself from sticking her tongue out.