Arc 2-11: My Handsome Queen (END)

CHAPTER 11: FURIOUS!!

Zia suddenly found herself as King.

She didn't really have any strong emotions towards the throne. However within a few days, everyone knew who their new ruler was.

And surprisingly enough, they all accepted it.

Why?

Well it was quite simple.

The 5 children who pretty much control all of the information flow, were able to brainwash the citizens into thinking Zia was some kind of great deity.

So her coronation went off without a hitch.

Zia herself who was excited for the new experience frowns.

Being a King involves more paperwork than she had thought.

Finally she had time to herself, and invited the doctor and general to eat dinner with her.

The floors were polished clean. No trace of blood could be seen.

The general who had come earlier than the doctor seemed more distant and cold.

He stares at his reflection in the wine. "Say, Zia." his husky voice held a touch of melancholy to it.

Zia looks up at him. "What is it?"

"Is saving me... worth it? Was all this worth it?" His eyes looked at her deeply. Not a ripple could be seen within them.

Zia chuckles. "Of course! Otherwise i wouldn't be here in the first place." She takes a bite of her steak quite happily.

His lips become pursed and his pensive expression goes unnoticed. However before the general could question her, he suddenly begins to choke on his food.

Zia looks up at him with alarm. Before she could even move, the general was slumped over on the table dead.

He had died from suffocation.

Before Zia could process what just happened, the doctor enters the room. "Sorry I was late." His voice was anything but sorry, however before he could do anything, he suddenly slips, cracking his head open on the floor. His blood flowed like a river all around him.

It was an instantaneous death.

What...

The...

Hell!

Zia stood up outraged.

After all that, that hard work, and they just die!?

Are you kidding!?

Zia felt her rage climb to an all new high. Her palms that were resting on the table easily cracked it in half.

She spent all this time and effort, only for the world to kill them off!?

No way...