Arc 5-7: My Love from Down Below! (END)

CHAPTER 7: Don't worry about it!

The next day as expected, many news outlets were reporting on what happened and the possible rumours.

That Duke Keith may be related to the famous businessman, and mecha founder, Hans Woolthrop.

In the coming month a DNA test was revealed to be true.

Immediately after, a wedding date was set.

However Keith was the male lead, and even though there was alot of pressure upon his shoulders, he still wanted to prove himself. So he entered the mecha academy.

Within a year, he had made a name for himself as the best of the best.

His wedding was grand, and he was living very happily with Straliza.

So why is it...

That the Overseer was still feeling very anxious?

Shiro sets down her cup of hot chocolate, and sits besides her by the fireplace.

The room was lit by the orange flames of the fire, giving everything that cozy atmosphere.

Noir sighs as she stares outside her window. The grey clouds above were an indication of her mood.

Shiro nudges her with his elbow.
"What's wrong? You're finally finished right? You graduated, the ml and fl are happy together. And now you're working in the advertising apartment of a big company. Shouldn't you be happier?"

Noir holds the warm mug, and glances at her stiff expression in the reflection of the chocolatey goodness.

"You're right." She softly says, the orange glow making her features look softer. "But I feel incomplete. I don't understand how we reached this outcome. Why... such little effort was needed?" She looks up at him with a wistful expression.

She knew this world would be easy, but this easy!?

It made her feel... empty somehow.

Shiro sighs, wrapping his comforting arm around her shoulders. "Seeing them smiling, was your goal. It's happened, therefore focus on the results. You did well."

She glances at his expression. His green eyes were starring at the fire. He was.... unreadable.

"You.... just who are you? What are you? I've never met nor saw anyone else like me."

Shiro chuckles at her question as he turns to face her. Her face was very close, their noses inches away, however it seems she didn't notice. "Now that's where you're wrong, little Overseer. I am no where close to being like you."

She frowns at his statement. "What do you mean?"

He merely reveals a sly smile. "Do you really want to know?" His voice was but a mere whisper. If she wasn't paying attention, she wouldn't have heard him speak.

The curiosity in her heart grew. She was oh so very tempted to say yes.

However the dark look in his eyes stopped her.