Arc 5-5: My Love from Down Below!

CHAPTER 5: Who Is He Really?

Noir opens her apartment door, and as expected, a warm embrace greets her.

She looks up in his embrace, starring at the bottom of his chin. "Let go." She was unamused.

The android smiles, burrying his face in the crook of her neck. "I don't wanna. I feel like I'm slowly becoming useless. Tell me babe, do you no longer want me?"  His hot breath made her shiver.

She frowns. "That's why I'm here. I do need your help."

He suddenly pulls away. "Really? Great!" His smile was wide and bright. Within seconds he was already sucking on her neck. "I promise to make you feel real good tonight." His voice was sexy and deep. His hands hung at her belt.

She immediately makes a disgusted face, pushing him away from her. "That isn't what I meant."

He looks at her with disbelief and heartbreak. As if he couldn't believe she just rejected his advance.

"What I meant was that, I need your help. I need to consult with you about something. I'm talking to you entity, not Shiro."

The android remained still for a few moments before finally sighing. "You do realise, just a day ago we had a fight about this very same thing, right?"

Noir nods. "Yes, but this time I'm serious."

The entity shrugs walking over to the couch, taking a seat. "Well whatever it is, I'm all ears." He smiles casually.

Noir goes to sit besides him, staring at him with an intense, sincere gaze. "I... need your advice." She suddenly pulls out a very familiar yellow envelope. "Please teach me about the human heart, and core of this world. I'm stuck and I'm worried I may fail again."

The entity seemed stunned. "Wow, I didn't expect this change so fast. I kinda expected you to fail a few more times before you realised exactly how inept you are." He laughs gleefully.

The Overseer wasn't happy. "I'm showing you my sincerity. Don't laugh, especially when I still despise you."

He grins, reaching for the envelope. "What's all this?"

"Information about the ml's hidden background. However the man I hired to investigate soon became afraid for his life. When i was overseeing this world, I knew the ml's background isn't anything dangerous. So I can't understand the connection between the two, nor what my next set of actions should be. I'm afraid that I may act impulsively and fail once more."

The entity nods. "Well at least you've finally realised your ignorance. Tell me, what is your objective?" He flicks through some of the pages quickly.

The Overseer unhappily replies, "to reveal the ml's hidden background, so that he and the fl can be together without the added hardship of him having to become the best mecha pilot on this land."

The entity clicks his tongue with distaste. "That's your first problem." His olive green eyes lock onto her black ones. "You're removing one of their obstacles completely."

The Overseer frowns. "But they are already in love at this point. They should've been tested enough on the land below."

He shakes his head no. "That's where you're wrong. This test will prove if their love can survive against time. If she'll stick with him even if they become a laughing stock. That's what's supposed to be sweet. That is effected by the world's core. However if we bring the human heart into this, the situation will make the ml stronger, he'll grow ambition. He'll prove himself earning status and respect. The fl wouldn't even want to cheat on him or be with someone better. "

The Overseer blinks her eyes rapidly at him, looking dazed. "But love is supposed to-"

"You have a very naive, and fantasy like definition of love. Love cannot conquer all, nor sustain life. The human heart which is full of sin, and the world's core which must create obstacles to better them, must all work in harmony. When there is an imbalance, that's when problems occurs. And the beautiful perfect 'love' you watch from up there, falls apart."

The Overseer sighs her fists clenching from frustration. She was out of options at this point. She has to take the bitter pill and admit that this entity probably knows more about this than her. "Then what do you suggest I do?"

He leans back comfortably. "Simple. Instead of eradicating the whole mecha pilot thing. You just aid him in overcoming that obstacle. Spreading rumours is a easy and efficient way to make people doubt. Then if he or someone else wants to confirm them, it'll be easy to pick up the clues you leave for them. You don't need to prove anything to anyone." He glances at the ml's hair strand the detective had sourced.

The Overseer nods. "I... see."

He continues. "This way things are balanced and won't get too out of hand. And you'll be accomplishing what you wanted."

A sudden silence sinks around them as the Overseer mulls over his words.

He grins watching her for a bit. Observing her in detail.

Finally he opens his mouth to speak. "Since I'm teaching you, you better be learning these things sincerely. This is half of what I wanted to accomplish with you anyways."

The Overseer gives him a curious look. "What's the other half of your goal?"

His smiles suddenly turns cold. "Who knows." He chuckles.

She bites her lip.

Basically, he doesn't want to tell her.

Well whatever.

"Anyways, since I'm helping you, you'll forgive me for the other world, right? I was only trying to teach you about the human heart, and the world's core through example. However I realise now that even I miscalculate. I forgot that even an Overseer has a heart." He chuckles.

She stiffens, remembering Sin once more. However thinking things through, his explanation makes sense.

It's just that...

His very existence is puzzling. But if she tries to probe he'll just evade her.

It was annoying.

Thankfully for her, she has the plot to distract her. "I still don't understand the dangerous aspect? Was this always there? Or was it added because of a external factor somewhere, alternating the world's plot?"

The entity smiles proudly at her. "Now you're using your brain! Good girl." He ruffles her head making her even more irritated. "There is a very simple reason for the first princess' involvement. The human heart. She's in love with Keith's father. Perhaps she has hopes of baring his child. That's why Keith's life is a thorn to her. In the original world, he never tried reconnecting with his father, or even discovering that he has a father. That's why there was no danger to him, plus he was with the fourth princess. However now... it seems you have rilled up the hornets nest. This may cause problems with the world's core. Only time will tell."

The Overseer sighs. "This is so annoying. These factors are like restraints holding me back."

He grins. "It's actually the opposite. These factors are things that will help you in achieving your goal, not failing like you usually do."

"Whatever!" She pouts.