Arc 6-6: The Beloved Anti-Hero

CHAPTER 6: Feel

The demon Lord had gathered most of his important people in one room. His gaze was grave, his bearing suffocating. His voice was the only thing that could be heard.

"After my interrogation I have found out how and why the humans have attacked us." His gaze roams around, feeling heavy as they land on each person.

"It is a distraction. The war will soon begin with the humans. In fact, perhaps our troops are already engaged in battle, and we just haven't heard yet. This was a test run to see how effective explosions were. And it seems..." He suddenly pauses. As if his next words would be painful to say.

"The humans have snuck more mice into our territory than I had thought. This only means one thing. We have a rat on our side." Everyone drew in a cold breath.

Someone was selling them out?

Impossible!!

Unfortunately this was the case, and the primary suspect was of course Henry and Rose.

The only humans here.

The Overseer looked confused.

It was true they do have a traitor. And this traitor is someone who was close to Henry.

It is the last betrayal Henry would suffer in his life.

Unfortunately this rat...

"Sir, we have received a report!!! The human army have begun their march!! Instead of waiting for us to attack, they've taken the initiative."

The demon Lord frowns. "To arms!! Today, we will cleanse the world of its filth!"

His glare was especially piercing to Henry.

Henry swallows nervously, his heart rate increasing exponentially.

Fear began to eat at him.

No...

Not again!

Not the place I finally call home!

"Daddy, cheer up! We have to go kill the humans now, okay?" Isabel smiles.

She was trying to give him strength. Encouragement.

He can survive.

There is no better proof of his loyalty than him killing the humans himself.

Rose embraces Henry lovingly. "Honey, I believe in you. Let's get your revenge. Okay?" Her smile was just as sweet as her tone.

Henry suddenly clenched his fists, determination was swelling within him.

Victor's face flashing briefly in his mind.

It all started from him!!

He'll make them all pay!