Arc 7-6: Yum, Brains!

CHAPTER 6: Punishment!

Cole drops Claire down onto the foliage below the shade of a large leafy tree. He stares down at her flustered face ominously.

The Overseer was shocked.

What is he doing so suddenly???

Within seconds he was on top of her. He had pinned her arms easily during her absent mindedness.

His expression was one that was so unfamiliar to her.

She stiffens at his sudden touch. His heat could be felt permeating through his clothes. His breath was fanning her face. He was so close, that she could count his lashes. His lips were inches away from her.

"You always ruin everything." He speaks coldly. His expression unchanging. He uses his free hand and suddenly applied pressure to her wounded shoulder.

Claire yelps with pain. "What are you doing? I don't understand!"

"Of course you don't." He almost laughs. "Youuuuu're so annoying." He clicks his tongue with distaste as he tears her blouse. "I'll punish you so that you'll finally learn your mistakes." His green eyes narrow at her almost gleefully.

She could see her pale face reflected within them.

She begins to struggle."let. Go. I refuse to be punished for something like saving myself!" She begins to twist and turn beneath him, using her true Overseer strength.

He hurries to adjust, utilising his true strength too.

"Hold still!" He commands biting her neck.

"Ah-, you bastard!!" She growls. "Let me go!!" Her brown eyes were blazing with anger. Her knee rises, colliding straight onto his groin with full force.

He freezes for a moment before drawing in a hiss.

She swiftly pushes him off of her, and hurries to her feet. Before she could flee, he however had already grabbed her wrist. "You can't be allowed to roam this world on your own!!"

She frowns, sending him a swift chop to the neck. "Get lost!"

He falls to his knees, tearing her sleeve along with him.

His burning eyes suddenly land on her strange scarred wound.

The Overseer also froze, to stare at her own arm. "This..."

They suddenly became quiet.

The tension decreasing as they remained still.

It was as if a switch had been flicked, as Cole stands up with concern, grabbing her arm gently. "What happened? What is this?"

Claire responds on reflex, as if not realising the strange 180 he just did. "A dog bite... I think."

They both stare at the wound with an intense gaze.

The wound itself was a murky green, spreading up her arm towards her shoulder.

The flesh was tender, and could be split easily if applied with some force.