Bonus Chapter #3 When You're the Owner...

The Entity and the Overseer spent their time watching over various lives and people.

They even watched a sentient NPC in the game world called Dungeon of Life.

However in the end they kept on coming back to two people.

Darcy and Fin.

The Overseer didn't like many other people, however she found those two very interesting.

Darcy with her ice cold mask and numb heart.

Fin with his almost superhuman resilience and burning vengeance.

In the end the Entity made a suggestion. "Why don't we make them the ml and fl?"

The Overseer frowns. "It doesn't work like that. We can only choose one of those roles, and the world will fill up the missing one with the best compatible partner."

"But..." The Entity continues.

The Overseer sighs. "But I guess we can break those rules. Afterall... it's not like I haven't before. If anything goes wrong, I'm blaming you."

The Entity laughs. "Very well. Do as you like."

With a small smile on her face she grants them guidance with her power.

Darcy who felt so alone under the morning sun suddenly felt her heart well up with courage.

It's okay.

Everything will be okay.

One day she'll come back to this house to regain what was rightfully hers.

She wipes her tears away, while keeping a soft smile on her face.

Even if she did despair, its not like she could feel it, right?

She laughs dryly and heads over to the one place that could comfort her.

The arcade.

When she arrives she found the place  to be quiet. It was early morning, so of course there wouldn't be many people around.

The owner of the store instantly recognised the dazzling Darcy. Her honey brown hair was tied in a ponytail, her blue eyes glittering like jewels.

"Oh it's Darcy!" The Owner gives her a friendly smile. "What brings you so early Darcy?"

Darcy reveals an embarrassed smile. Though she didn't feel it even a bit. "I... was kicked out from home." As if on cue, tears naturally cascade down her cheeks.

The owner was shocked! Doesn't that mean she no longer has the money to spend? Although that's what he was thinking, he politely kept that to himself. "How? What happened?"

Darcy begins her sob story, earning herself some sympathy and pity. The Owner agrees to let her stay, as long as she works on return. As far as he was concerned, free labor is great. She'd have to feed and clothe herself though. The best he could do was provide her a small room up in the attic.