Arc 7-9: Yum, Brains!

CHAPTER 9: We Gotta Act

Rumours spread within the base like wild fire.

Soon everyone knew the good for nothing son of the Major had returned!

People were curious about who he is and his relationship with his father.

The Major had easily set up a room for Cole and Claire within a bunker, however he had made no effort in making contact with his son again.

Instead choosing to use a middle man. Which was no one other than that annoying yapping soldier, Yeri they had met at the start.

Yeri gives them a Cheshire cat like grin. His eyes sparkled eagerly as he wanted to hear more gossip. "Anyways the Major was just asking if you needed anything else. Are you comfortable?" Yeri stood in the doorway of Cole's room. Right across the room would be Claire's. And there was a common area down the hall.

Cole gives Yeri an unfriendly look. "Tell him to come ask me himself!" Once again the entity was playing the mad annoyed college student role to a T. He rolls over on the couch in the room, showing Yeri his backside.

Yeri chuckles, happy to see the rift between the two people. Still he had a sticky beak. "Okay. I will tell the Major your exact words. But just so you know. You two still have not undergone a search for any zombie bites. Just cause you're the Majo-"

"Yeah whatever." Cole uncaringly replies.

Claire shoots him a subtle look and
she continues to stare out the window from her seat.

Yeri nods satisfied. "Okay then. I'll be going." He leaves them to it.

As soon as he was gone Claire approaches Cole with an alarmed look. "What should I do? One look at my arm and they'll surely assume I'm bit."

Cole sits up looking up into her pouty face. "Relax. We can keep putting things off for a bit. We just need Allessandro to take a look at you."

"The ml?" Claire's brows furrow.

He nods. "Yeah. He's a genius, remember?" He stands up, stretching his limbs. "We just need to approach him in a way that won't effect the plot too much."

Claire nods.

Cole gives her a sly smile. "This will be your first test of how well you understand the world's core. According to you, how do you think we should approach him? Think carefully."

His intense gaze made her feel hot. She averts her eyes to think. "To not effect the plot, we shouldn't leave an impression on him. But seeing my situation will definitely shock him enough into remembering and knowing us. So...." her nose scrunched up in concentration as her curls falls into her face from starring at the ground too hard.

"Soooo?" Cole encourages.

"So..." she continues. "We should roll with the plot. Here the world will try to keep creating situations for the leads to meet. So they can fester feelings for each other. Therefore we can help him maybe.... realise his feelings for her!?" Her head snaps up to meet his green smiling eyes.

"Am I right?" She asks carefully, her brown eyes shinning enthusiastically.

He grins patting her on the head. "Good girl. But you're a little off. We don't want to accelerate the plot. Cause that will happen if we allow him to realise his feelings earlier. Instead we can cause more trouble and situations for the two to meet, coinciding with the goals of this world. However planning our first contact is important!"