Arc 7-11: Yum, Brains!

CHAPTER 11: You're WRONG!

A couple of days go by, where the Major tries to reconcile with his son.

The entity has been trying to delay things as much as possible, however tensions within the base was becoming ever the more stretched.

Thankfully, today is the day the Overseer and the entity approach the ml for their request.

Allessandro was cooped up in his lab as usual.

Everything was dark and silent, not a soul in sight.

The lab was located on the perimeter of the base. Perhaps the captain wanted his son to be out of sight, and out of mind.

"Stay close." Cole whispers, as he enters the hallway of the lab.

Claire nods, immediately feeling the chill of the place.

It was cold and eerie.

How could Allessandro bear the loneliness here?

This place reminded the Overseer of the void.

She didn't like it one bit.

The two lithe figures soundlessly travel along the hallway, stopping at the last door.

Looking through the window, they could see two figures.

"It's Allessandro and Evelyn." Claire says with surprise.

"The two leads are together, huh." Cole grins, tugging Claire closer towards him so she could get a good view of what was happening inside.

"Their faces are red." She states. It seems the leads have been cultivating their feelings successfully.

Cole pats her on the head affectionately. "Watch closely. This is important little Overseer. This is love."

Love?

The Overseer already knew how great love is.

It's a beautiful emotion that always made her giddy, watching it occur between the two humans.

Inside, under the trickling of sunlight through the blinds, the two leads were starring intensely into each others eyes.

"You're not worthless." Evelyn gently whispers once more for him to hear. "Allessandro, your talents merely lie elsewhere."

Allessandro's dark eyes seems to well up with pain as he looks away from the female lead. "I-i. " He blinks away his tears, as his heart fills with warmth.

He never knew how much it would mean to him, to have another person acknowledge his skills.

Evelyn gently taps him on the shoulder, regaining his attention. Her blazing brown hair and fiery eyes really made it hard for one to look away from her. " Allessandro you are incredible. Just looking around your lab, and I can see all of the great things you've discovered."

Her firm resolve struck a chord within the man. He bites his lip turning away from her once more. "But it all means nothing. My father-"