41. Am I... Jealous? (Roman)

At first, it was nice. Hard... Frustrating... Nerve-wracking but we were together... So to me, it was still nice. Then after he decides to come to class he shut me out. He started spending all his time with Logan.  I stared out the window beside my desk and I frowned. Emile won't tell me anything. Which is good, cuz he's a doctor and confidence is important but... I'm scared.

"Cassidy, I see you're back again." I look up with wide eyes to Caz standing there with this bright smile on his face... and Logan closely behind him. "I see you took my advice." Caz nodded to the teacher as Logan point over at his desk. The two of them happy sat down as if none of this was off. I guess to them it wasn't. WHEN DID THEY GET SO FUCKING CLOSE?! "Ok does anyone have an answer to the question?" Caz instantly put his hand up.

"What was the question?" People started laughing and I frowned. Logan just placed his hand over Cassidy as if reassuring him and I frowned. I wanted to scream. They look like a fucking couple! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! Cassidy suddenly looked over at me as this blast of ripped through me. The air around me seemed to dance with tiny red lights and I frowned laying my head down on the cool desk. Calm yourself, Roman. Just stay calm. Emile said to give him some time. So... Give him some time. I started picking at my bracelet and I frowned taking it off. I held it close resting the cool coin against my lips as I tried to calm my breathing. It's going to be ok, Roman. He's clearly ok. Logan is obviously helping him. Caz looks happy. That's all that matters. That all that...

"Can I have a go?" I glanced back over to see Cassidy smiling as the teacher nodded. The question was about a spell. Mr. Sanders would give a scenario and he had to give the correct spell to use. He glanced over at Logan who quickly pulled out this very large spell book. I just narrowed my eyes as I watched. "Ok..." 

"Ok... You dropped your phone down a hole. Too deep to reach in and it's getting dark." Cassidy started flipping through the pages lost in thought before he pointed at something in the book. Logan raised an eyebrow at him as he started flipping through again until he pointed again a different one. I held up a finger before turning his hand over and holding up another finger. Logan's eyes went wide as he cleared his throat. I am more than a bit confused. "Logan... mind explaining?"

"Cassidy said Levitation first. Most like to get the phone out of the hole." I watched as Caz started to smile and point back at the second spell. "Then repair?"

"To fix the phone if it had broke from the fall." Thomas quickly called out making Caz smile even more and I frowned. He can talk. So why... what is going on with him. "Ok. Let's say the phones out of commission." Caz narrowed his eyes and shrugged. "No phone. No light. And no way to get home. You're stuck in the woods." His eyes lit up and he started to flip through the pages again only to freeze. "We're talking novice spellcasters, Right? So easy spells that don't take to much energy?" Thomas nodded and Cassidy pierced his lips in thought. Before flipping the back of the book and pointing to a spell. Logan's eyes went wide as he Caz pushed the book over to him and I frowned. "Think about it. If you spend all your energy on one spell what would you want it to be?"

"Logan?" He snapped himself out of his thoughts before clearing his throat.

"Apparition." Thomas thought about it for a second before nodding. 

"A teleportation spell? Makes sense given what you said. The average novice would have a limited amount of energy to spend on spells. That one would take it all and it is the least taxing of them. It's a bit of a gamble." Caz shrugged again before resting his head in his hand and Thomas laughed. Everyone was yelling out and talking over themselves. It was to loud to even attempt to catch what any of them were saying. "Alright... Alright. That's enough of that." Caz glanced over at me as I gripped the bracelet in my hands tighter. I looked over to see Patton giving me this look and I frowned. Virgil was trying really hard to ignore everything but I could see the pain in his eyes. After all...

He loves him too.

Just like me...

I stared at the bracelet in my hands and felt the tears start to well up. My bracelet... My token. The item that means the most to me. Maybe I'm too sentimental. Maybe I care too much but... My fingers brushed against the old copper painted coin and smiled at the memory of when I got it.

This means everything...

He means everything...

"Hey, Roe!" I smiled looking up at to see Cassidy shifting from one foot to the other smiling away. His smile was infectious. He looked away quickly before shoving this coin in my hand. It was smushed and bent like it had taken a round in one of those penny press machines you see sometimes. I turned it over to see this happy little Mickey Mouse and I swear I started crying. I was 6 leave me alone... I looked up at Caz with this happy smile to see him scratching his cheek awkwardly. "You told me once how much you loved Disney a-and my father took us there so... I got you that. It's a pressed penny. Do you like it?"

"Thank you so much, Caz!" 

I slowly slipped the bracelet back on as I watched everyone leave and I frowned. I watched a Cassidy walked out with Logan's arm placed supportively on his back. Caz... Please don't...

Don't leave me behind.