1. Class Start

"Great... Just great." I bent over to pick up my notebooks and I frowned. My hand had twitched causing me to drop them right into a damn puddle. I rolled my eyes as I reached out towards them and froze right as someone stepped on it, just missing my fingers.

"Oops. I'm sorry didn't see that there. My mind must have blocked out wastes of space, such as yourself." Shit. I looked up to see Roman Price glaring down at me with glowing red eyes. I felt my head twitch and Roman just laughed as he kicked my notebook at me... Along with a sit ton of mud right onto my white mask. "Oh no. Sorry about that."

"What do..." my arm twitched again and I sighed. Roman just stared, laughing at me. "What do you want Roman?"

"For you to fuck off, Freakazoid." Roman called as he started to walk past me. "People like you don't belong here, dumbass. Your only going to get yourself killed or worse, people that actually matter."

"Thanks for the talk... I'll take it into consideration..." Fucker! I sighed and shook myself from my thoughts, grabbing my notebook and making my way inside. It wasn't always like this. Roman wasn't always that mean. We actually were great friends once. But then he got this super flashy power. Elemental manipulation... Once he got it he started... I don't know. He started closing off. When I came out as being powerless, that was the final straw. He snapped, pushed me away entirely and now he's just... mean. I don't even know why. We were literally thick as thieves. But I guess that makes sense, Who can trust a thief after all? They're nothing but liars... schemers... No good crappy bad guys.

I managed to get to my locker without any issue and I just froze. 'Go home freak.' Why? Why damage school property just to write that. An entire school filled with the most powerful heroes and not a single magic locker. Like... Why? Damage-proof shit would be so much more beneficial than the ones we currently have... at least for me anyway. 

I pulled my books out and sadly placed my notebook inside. It was too messy anyway. Besides, I have other ones. That one was just a personal one. I rolled my eyes and headed to homeroom. Mr. Sanders class. Right... here we go again.

"Welcome, Freak." I groaned hearing Roman's voice ring through the room. Class 101, Mr. Sander's class. Home to... How do I say this? The most 'promising' of students... and me. "I thought I told you to vanish." A blast of ice came right at me and I felt my body twitch in response... begging me to do something about it. I didn't. It hit me head on and I flew backward feeling myself being caught by someone. 

"Now Roman, We are here to learn how to be heroes. We are here to learn control of our power and to manipulate the magic around us. We do not harm our fellow classmates. Not without good reason." I looked up to find Mr. Sanders standing there and I frowned. Of course, the teacher came in to save me. This is ridiculous!

"Shit..." I had to hug myself as the twitching got worse. Mr. Sanders looked down sadly before nudging me towards my seat.

"Why do you even let him stay? He doesn't belong here." Roman called as he glared at me the whole way to my desk.

"Because, Mr. Price, Our school chose him. It does not make mistakes." Mr. Sanders gave me this serious look and I looked away.

"Well, there a first time for everything. He's a mistake." 

"We get it, Roman. I'm powerless, and your an asshole." I cried out as my gloves burst into flames, ripping them off my hands, and cringed as everyone started laughing at me. I looked at the smoldering cloth and frowned, shoving my burned hands into my pockets. I'm going to need to get a new one. But more urgently... What am I going to do for now? Today's supposed to be...

"HERO TRAINING!" I narrowed my eyes as Mr. Fischbach burst through the doors completely covered in smoke. I started to choke and had to cover my face against it all. Everyone else just cast a spell to keep the smoke off of them. I didn't... clearly. "Suit up heroes. We're off to the training grounds."