Chapter Four.

I glanced up at the words 'MAGIC! Management' spread across the ten story building, with the letter's 'MAGIC!' separated from each other and laid in a straight line, while 'Management' started off from the the 'M' in 'MAGIC!' A ten story building may seem smaller compare to the other buildings, but that was just due to the fact that the management only started about a year or two ago. Collision, the name of me and Casey's group, was actually one of the first clients that this management ever had. Sure, they did have other clients, but they weren't taking off like the management had hoped. Instead they lost money, producing CD's that didn't sell and setting up shows that only about 50 people showed up at. When they signed us... that was when things really took off for them and for us too. We pulled in many, many, and I mean MANY customers and fans.

I took in a deep breath, placing my hand on the knob of the door, at the front of the building, slowly turning it, and stepping inside. The receptionist, sitting behind the front table, looked up from her computer, smiled at me, then said 'hold on' to the person she was speaking with on the phone, and returned her focus to me.

"Ms. Alyssa," she greeted, wearing that smile on her face that looked like it was glued on to her, because she never took it off.

"Alyssa's fine," I told her and she was still wearing that smile.

"I presume that you are here for the meeting?" I nodded, trying to look away from her, because seeing her with that big smile always on her face is beginning to creep me out. But I didn't want to be rude, so I forced myself to keep eye-contact with her.

"This way," she led me, with that smile still on her face. Doesn't she ever get tired of smiling all the time? She opened the door to the conference room and went back to her station.

Sitting at the table was our manager, Stacey Smith, and our publicity person, Annie Dawson, and on the other side of them was Gilinsky himself and his people. They were all too busy talking, probably about the fake dating thing, to notice my presence.

Do I really want to do it?

Do it for Casey. My good conscious tells me.

But I can't stand him.

Grow up and just do it.

No. I can't do this.

JUST DO IT!

SHUT UP, SHUT UP! NO!

Great. Sarcasm intended, by the way. I was becoming one of those crazy people, who fought with themselves. And you know what, I can't do this. I'll just find another way to get Cass and Johnson together. Yea, that's what I'll do.

I turned away and opened up the door a little bit wider to try and slip through, without anyone noticing that I was there, but of course God was against be for some reason, because the door creaked, and everyone's attention shifted to me.

"Where are you going, Alyssa? We're just starting," Stacey said looking at me, motioning me over to take a seat. I sighed.

Guess it's too late now.

I forced my legs to walk over and take a seat next to Gilinsky. "Okay so we should get back to business." Stacey said clearing her throat.

"We want you two to fake date to attract more publicity," Annie continued.

Right when I heard the word 'date' I almost gagged. I mean I know that we're just faking, but that means that I have to hold hands and act all lovey-dovey with that douche in public. What if we kiss? God, no. Too early for that.

"Why him?" My tone ruder than I wanted it to be.

"Well, since he's an upcoming star, he has a lot of media on him right now. We think that if you two date, you could attract a lot of paparazzi and your names will be all over magazines as the 'next star power couple,'" I almost gagged again as she said that, "meaning that would be great publicity for Collision."