Chapter Forty-Six

HEY GUYS!! THANKS FOR HELPING ME REACH 11K READS ON HERE. WOAH. IT WASN'T EVEN THAT LONG AGO THAT I REACHED 10K BC OF YOU GUYS. YOU GUYS ROCK HAHA LUV U!!!!

Jack Gilinsky’s P.O.V.

I stormed away from them, confused and angry.

How could they make up that stupid lie? How could they do that to me? I know that they didn’t like the idea of me and Kaylie starting a family together, hell, I didn’t either, but how could they stoop so low and lie, straight to my face?

They even went as fair as getting so fake documents.

Pathetic. Wait.. what’s wrong with me?

I should have been ecstatic once they told me that there could be a possibility that the baby inside of Kaylie isn’t mine after all. Why did I, all of sudden, shoot that suggestion down so quickly.

Weeks after Kaylie came to me and told me she was pregnant, with my baby, I would stay up late in bed, wondering and thinking back, matching dates and figuring if the baby really was mine. I had spent hours going over with it with Madison, asking her that it really couldn’t have been mine. I was never so careless, and she, of all people, should know that too. We had thought that maybe she was lying.

Then, why did I get so mad that more people thought that she was lying to?

I wasn’t ready to start a family and have a child, let only with someone I hated, rather than someone I loved. But I always did.

Maybe that’s what it was. I was always looking forward to the perfect family, and to finally have it presented in front of me, I was happy.

I love the idea of starting a family, not Kaylie in general, like I had thought I had grown to do.

I was excited to have a little kid running around, shouting “Dad! Dad!” I was excited to have some little kid of mine, calling to me when they needed me, crying out to me when they fell, begging for me to go buy ice cream for them.

I was so excited and ready for another version of me to come in this life, that I ended up taking Kaylie’s way, just like she always wanted to, and turned my back on my friends and the girl I love. I was too caught up with the fact that my baby, who might not even be mine, might get torn away from me, when I least expected it, to listen to their complaints.

God, I’m such a screw up.