Chapter Forty-One

i haven't even thanked you guys for 7k and i already reached 8k. wow thank you guys so much! thanks for 7k!! and thanks for 8k!! you guys are amazing!! i love you guys so much! keep faving these chapter and commenting! your comments are the highlight of my days (-:

Jack Gilinsky’s P.O.V.

I didn’t think it was possible for her to look more hurt than she was before, but I was proven wrong when Kaylie’s voice sounded from outside the room, and the hurt deepened when she walked into the room.

The mere thought of her getting hurt by someone or something, angers me. I would gladly beat the person to the pulp if he or she utters one word that would shoot a look of hurt through her eyes. Just seeing girls look at her with such hatred because their jealous of her for being with me or for just being a rich pop star would tempt my anger. Even though I wouldn’t admit this to her, I would sometimes search her name on twitter, and if any of my fans say anything rude to her, I would block them. I know that’s pretty extreme, but just seeing those harsh words be directed towards my beautiful girlfriend really tests my temper. I rather have my fans question my actions than having them and management say things about how I rudely call them out, just as they did with Lys.

Now, she stands here, right in front of me, looking as weak as ever, hurt clearly showed on her gorgeous features. And it’s all because of me.

Her eyes are all glossy and filled with tears, and I know how much she’s trying to hide them away, never wanting to show her weakness to me, but to no avail. I know her too much. I know that when she ever so slightly turns her head away, making it less noticeable than possible, she’s letting silent tears fall down her cheeks. All I want to do is, pull her into a loving hug, to shelter her from the pain.

But I can’t.

I am the one stupid enough to cause her this agony, this betrayal. I am the reason behind her tears. I am the reason why she’s standing there, barely able to hold herself. I am the one who broke her trust.

“Alyssa,” she says so casually, like she didn’t sense the tension in the air, like she didn’t even realise that Lys was crying her eyes out, like we were just having a normal conversation. “How have you been?” At this point, I want to punch her. I don’t care if she’s a girl. I would love nothing more than seeing my fist connect with her face. It isn’t enough that all of this happened and she’s pretended that they’re still the closest of friends and that she didn’t do anything wrong. And what irritates me even more, that I have to use all of my energy to no punch her, is that she has a smug look on her face, like she’s satisfied with all the work she’s done. That bitch.

Apparently, Lys thought the same thing, because she muttered it under her breath.

I did my best to hold onto my laughter, because that would just confuse her even more, and I just want this to go smoothly, as planned.