Chapter Twenty-One

Alyssa's P.O.V.

"Would you just stop?" he called from behind me, as I stomped away from him, running towards my room to escape from him. I heard him slam the door after he followed me in.

"Lys!" he screamed, but that only made me want to run faster, so I did. "Lys!" he tried again, the sound of his footsteps growing louder and louder, until I knew that he was just a few steps from me. I fastened my pace. "Lys!"

I only ran faster, as fast as my legs could go, but I was proven that he was faster than me, because his hand reached out to grab my wrist, preventing me from moving away from him. I shook my hand, trying to get out of his grip. His grip tightened a bit as he walked closer to me, until he was right in front of me.

I tilted my head to the side, turning away from him. Somehow I knew, without looking at him, that when I did, I would just run back into his arms just by into his eyes. "Lys," he said softer, this time, "please look at me."

I betrayed myself as I allowed my eyes to meet his. His desperate voice making me cave in half way. "Now what?"

"That girl meant nothing to me. It isn't what you thought it was."

"Bullshit! That's complete bullshit!" My anger managed to help me break free from him, throwing my hands in the air, out of fury. His eyes widened slightly shocked by my choice of words and my tone, just as much as I was. I quickly regained myself, eyes hardening at him. "I don't need your lies."

"But I'm not lying! Can't you tell? Can't you see that I don't look at other girls the same way I used to anymore? And that's all because of you. It's because you're the only girl I see, Lys." His voice softening at the end, as his eyes stared deeply into mine.

My head hung low, my anger diminishing, leaving me with confusion. "No, I can't tell. I can't see that. I'm that you'll leave me for a prettier or better girl than me," I admitted.

His hands found mine again, and he intertwined our hands, his thumb rubbing circles into my knuckles. "I will never leave you Lys. Ever." His hands left mine, and they wrapped around my neck, pulling me in for a hug. "You're the one for me."

I slowly hesitated, but I wrapped my arms around him in return. I felt him smiling against the top of my head. "Just please trust me. I will be here for you," he whispered. The problem was I don't think I could. Well, I don't think I could fully trust him, but I was going to try. It was time for me to open up to another person, besides Cass again.

I didn't respond to him. I only shook my head slightly, telling him, without words,  that I was going to try. The fact that he was willing to try with me, was all I needed. He was trying to cope with my confused self and my confusing behaviour as well. He was trying to not be the guy I hated with my passion, and all I have to do was try and trust him.

I let out a squeal when he picked me up unexpectedly, carrying me up to my room, bridal styles. "I swear to god Gilinsky, if you drop me I'll make sure you can never have children."

"Didn't I already tell you that I've always got you? Plus, I'm pretty sure you want children in your future," he spoke, a playful grin apparent on his face.

I playfully smacked his chest. "Like I would ever want that. I feel bad for the girl or guy," I added, shooting a playful grin back at him, "that's going to marry you one day."

He threw me on the bed, his now free hand placed over his chest, mocking hurt, "Are you saying that you think I'm gay?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Take that back now," he commanded, his voice low. I shook my head. "Take that back or- You're ticklish right?" I nodded my head again. Once his lips curved into a smirk, did I realise what he was about to do.

"Don't you dare."

His playful smirk remained on his face, as his hands attacked my sides. I squirmed under him, laughing uncontrollably. "Please, stop," I pleaded, grasping for air.

"Only if," he contemplated for a minute before speaking again, "only if you say that I'm the hottest guy on Earth and you'll be lucky to fuck me."

My face scrunched up at his dirty, well dirty to me, words. "Never."

"Oh?" he asked. He attacked my sides with his hands once again, tickling me harder, causing me to double over laughter.

"Okay. Okay." I surrendered, not being able to take it any longer.

He stopped tickling me for awhile, staring at me with one of his eyebrows raised up, "I'm waiting."

I sighed. "JackGilinskyisthehottestguyonEarthandI'llbeluckytofuckhim," I spoke all in one breath, in a slightly audible voice.

"What was that?"

"Jack!" I whined.

He threw his head back, laughing. "I'll spare you." His nose touching mine in an eskimo kiss.

A yawn escaped my lips. "Are you tired, babe?"

I nodded, as he fell onto my bed, laying next to me. "Come here," he whispered. I scooted over, so that my side was pressed against his, and my head laid on his chest. "Go to sleep."

-----

"Smile for the camera, babe," I heard someone speak outside of my slumber. I groaned, rolling closer to Jack to nuzzle my head into his chest. But he wasn't there. I lazily opened up one of my eyes, seeing Jack's back. His hand held an object, but my vision was too blurry, due to the fact that I just woke up, to see anything. I shut my eyes, then opened them again, my vision clearer now, and I could make out what the object was.

It was his phone, and I could see his perfect face on it, with me, looking uglier than ever, in the background. "Smile," he repeated, snapping a picture.

My eyes fully opened as it hit me that he just took a picture of me, with messy looking hair, no make-up face, and half-opened eyes. I jumped up, and tried to pry the phone out of his grip, wanting to delete the picture. He was probably going to post it. He stood up on the bed, making him way taller than me than he already was. "Posted," he grinned.

"You're a dick," I muttered, falling back against the bed.

"Your dick."

My phone began to vibrant on my bedside table, causing me to place a pillow on my face, to drown out the sound. "Make it stop," I groaned.

The vibrating sound stopped right away, but Jack's voice booming, replaced the sound. "Why did Sam just texted you saying that he loves you."

I ripped the pillow from my face, looking at him, as his jaws clenched, looking like he would blow any second now. "What?"

"Are you guys seeing each other behind my back? Are you cheating on me? God, Lys."

"No!" I screamed immediately.

"Then what? Why is one of my best friends sending you texts saying that he loves you?!" He screamed, his voice scaring me. Anger written all over him, as his eyes hardened, jaws clenched and hands turning into fists.

"The-the day you found out about- yea. He-he told me that he-he still loves me," I stammered, looking away from those eyes, that in the moment, scared the living crap out of me.

He sighed, and his voice lowered in volume, "You should have told me."

"It slipped my mind," I answered honestly.

"You're mine. No other guy can can have you.

He kissed me, but I wasn't too focused on it, because his possessive tone threw me off. And what he said wasn't a comment, but more like a command or a warning. A new Jack Gilinsky surfaced, and that scared me a bit.

ooo. so what do you guys think??